Yoga: Yoga makes me feel beautiful |
- Yoga makes me feel beautiful
- my chill space
- slipping on yoga mats
- Did your wrist pain ever go away after modifying poses?
- Putting weight into your arms (crow pose)
- To all the teachers out there, have you ever farted in front of your class?
- How on earth do people fold into Upavistha Konasana?
- Charlie horses
- Get rid of a knot/tension at your shoulder blade
- Does my Manduka have lifetime warranty even tho I bought it at a TJ Maxx?
- Yoga sequence to practice at home
- Pain behind my knees in "extended" baddha konasana
- A more creative and inuitive yoga home practice?
- Newbie - Question about Yoga frequency
- Adjusting the bedding to fit the mobility and skeletal structure
- Love Yoga? Thank Peter Max
- Pain in the base of my palms during yoga, help?
- Pain while attempting natarajasana
- I've been told that sweating this much is not a sign of ill health.
- DAE cry during meditation or savasana?
- The Journey Begins
| Posted: 04 Mar 2020 01:09 PM PST First post here, apologies if anything is out of whack. Anyways I just wanted to share some of my thoughts. I really struggle with body image. I began practicing yoga back in January and it was probably one of the best things I have ever done. Seeing myself in the mirrors doing the positions actually makes me think I look beautiful. When I do warrior poses I feel so powerful. Honestly nothing has ever made me feel like that before. Anyways, sorry for the word vomit, this is just something that's been on my mind lately. I hope to transfer those good thoughts into my life outside of yoga. Thanks for reading. Namaste! :) [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 04 Mar 2020 06:45 PM PST |
| Posted: 04 Mar 2020 05:56 AM PST I thought it mostly depended on what kind of mat you were practicing with, but during yesterday's class my teacher explained that the slipping got better as you gained experience. Is this true? I suppose she means the sweating and the struggling, but even during classes where I am not struggling I have a hard time keeping my hands static during downward dog, for example. It's kinda frustrating because there are asanas I know my body can hold, but my slippery hands keep distracting me and make it hard to keep my focus. Anyone relate / has any tips? [link] [comments] |
| Did your wrist pain ever go away after modifying poses? Posted: 04 Mar 2020 07:06 AM PST Hi. I have been consistently doing yoga flow and vinyasa flow 3-4 times a week for one year. I've had wrist pain (Tendonitis)in my right wrist only for about 2 weeks now. I have modified downdog with correct hand placement and shifting of weight. It feels good now and a great resting pose. My problem is when I am flowing into chaturanga to upward dog. I struggle with hand placement and the pain messes up my flow. I would love some advice. I don't like to wear wrist braces —they get in my way. Lol Also do you think I would benefit by wearing the wags gloves? I hate to invest in them—-expensive for just one hand? [link] [comments] |
| Putting weight into your arms (crow pose) Posted: 04 Mar 2020 07:00 AM PST Hi guys! I started practicing yoga at the start of this year and am starting to learn crow pose and putting weight onto my arms. I'm finding it painful, not so much the weight of it, but just to have my knees dig into the back of my arms. Does anyone have any tips for these types of poses? [link] [comments] |
| To all the teachers out there, have you ever farted in front of your class? Posted: 04 Mar 2020 07:46 PM PST I just finished teaching a VinYin class, and at the end of the yin sequence as I was guiding people into savasana, in the dead silence I accidentally let one lose lol. At first I was embarrassed, then I wanted to laugh. I just stayed silent, but thought it was hilarious. [link] [comments] |
| How on earth do people fold into Upavistha Konasana? Posted: 04 Mar 2020 07:13 PM PST I'm bummed out that after a year and a half of consistent yoga practice, I can't bend forward even a little in Upavistha Konasana (wide-legged seated forward bend). Not even with my knees bent. It feels like it's the structure or alignment of my hips that's preventing the forward fold. Is there something I'm doing wrong, asanas I need to add to counter whatever my hips are doing, other modifications I should try? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 04 Mar 2020 06:37 PM PST I have been practicing for a couple years and have gotten to some rather deep trauma and scar tissue that I am trying to release from my glute. I am looking for guidance on how to work through Charlie horses during a pose? Should I continue to push through or should I go back to a counter stretch and let the pain fade away, returning to the more difficult pose later? [link] [comments] |
| Get rid of a knot/tension at your shoulder blade Posted: 04 Mar 2020 02:43 PM PST I'm not sure, if this is the right subreddit, but I'm a guitarist and have gotten this knot at my right shoulder blade, probably from carrying my guitar case around with my right hand all the time and it's getting quite annoying. I can't move my shoulder backwards without having pain and now even when I'm sitting, there's this slight pain there, that's just ever so slightly uncomfortable. Are there any exercises, that help? [link] [comments] |
| Does my Manduka have lifetime warranty even tho I bought it at a TJ Maxx? Posted: 04 Mar 2020 06:27 PM PST |
| Yoga sequence to practice at home Posted: 04 Mar 2020 01:24 PM PST I've been looking for some good printable yoga sequences. I don't really enjoy watching videos cause I like to take my time but I'm also kinda new to yoga (I've been going to yoga classes since December) If any of you have some yoga sequences or some tips to do yoga at home (alone) I'd appreciate!! [link] [comments] |
| Pain behind my knees in "extended" baddha konasana Posted: 04 Mar 2020 03:47 PM PST I get a painful pinching behind my right knee when doing baddha konasana, with my feet away from my body/knees not fully bent. One of my yoga teachers does this pose almost every class and I can't figure out what's happening there. Does anyone else experience this? I always try to straighten and fix my leg but I can't really sort out what's up with the pinching. If I bend my legs more, it doesn't hurt. [link] [comments] |
| A more creative and inuitive yoga home practice? Posted: 04 Mar 2020 03:05 PM PST I come from an extreme sports background (skateboarding, surfing, snowboarding). I really get massive therapeutic benefit from doing yoga, and I can't always be doing my extreme sports or more traditional exercise. Yoga is something I want to stick with for the rest of my life, but I'm having trouble keeping up a daily practice and I'm not a fan of group classes. I would never go to a skateboarding class, for instance, I would just skateboard and over the years I would improve dramatically. Although I've taken sporadic classes and watched videos over the years, my main practice comes from the Light on Yoga asana courses (in the back of the book.) Although these courses are very beneficial, I feel unmotivated because I'm doing the same old routines, day after day. I come to dread this kind of thing very easily. In the extreme sports world, it's all about flowing and doing whatever seems interesting or feels good at the moment. There's no goal, it's just for fun. Recently I've begun doing whatever pose comes to mind as I flow. It's actually quite interesting and I feel like looking at sequences produced by others could be used as inspiration. Taking a class might be a source of inspiration as well. I feel like doing it this way I'm able to get just what I need from each practice and I don't feel as much internal resistance to the practice. I also have been incorporating meditation into the practice (sometimes right in the middle of it I'll just sit in lotus for 5-10 minutes and enjoy some serenity.) I wonder if this is how yogis of old might have approached it, since, from my understanding, Asana was just a small part of the yogic lifestyle, and they probably did a lot of it from memory. Also, I imagine old yogis were much less rushed and goal-oriented than us westerners. --- I am wondering if anyone has similar tendencies and if that has worked out for you. Is this a normal way to approach yoga? I am in it for the holistic wellness benefits and have a separate spiritual program I work (vichara). [link] [comments] |
| Newbie - Question about Yoga frequency Posted: 04 Mar 2020 06:56 AM PST I have just started taking Yoga at a studio this past Monday, 2 weeks ago I started doing a Yoga routine on my cardio days because I was getting tired of the cardio and wanted to do something different. I've since really started to enjoy it and have a nice option to go to a Yoga studio after work. My first session was on Monday and I went back last night as well. I wanted to get advice on making it a daily routine this early. What should I be aware of if I do an hour of nightly yoga 5 days a week? Should I build up to that consistency? I'm on a 2 week unlimited class trial at the studio so that's another reason I am wanting to take advantage of it, I also want to be safe though and appreciate advice the community may have. [link] [comments] |
| Adjusting the bedding to fit the mobility and skeletal structure Posted: 04 Mar 2020 01:59 PM PST Practice has been added to and renewed. Sleeping became uncomfortable again and I recalled the old solution I had. Normal mattress is not comfortable and allows way too much spinal bending for my liking. Sleeping on the floor is not so great for my floor either and I don't want to have to pick up the whole bed every day. Got a solution : It feels sooo comfy to lie on this flat on your back. :D I did not even feel a stretch in my neck when I tried it this time. Glad I remembered to do it. Normal beds are not made for healthy people ... [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 04 Mar 2020 01:39 PM PST |
| Pain in the base of my palms during yoga, help? Posted: 04 Mar 2020 01:27 PM PST Hey guys, just started yoga recently and I've noticed the base of my palms hurt a lot in any pose where I have to rest my palms on the ground and put weight on them. Its more prominent in my right hand and it's become a nuisance tbh because I really want to get into yoga but I cannot hold any poses where my weight rests on my palms :((((( [link] [comments] |
| Pain while attempting natarajasana Posted: 04 Mar 2020 05:04 AM PST Hello everyone, I'm a beginner yoga enthusiast. I'm mostly practicing nearly every day (weekends excluded) but only through an app called DownDog. I'm aware that it's not the best thing ever, doing things on my own, but at the moment I can't afford a class, plus I really need that daily practice. Having said that, I started to notice a very sharp, needle-like pain when I try natarajasana on my right side. Specifically on the left side of the knee. Actually, if I touch the knee, there's a bit of a side that I can press, like a slim, oblique bone of some sort. Anyway just to be clear, the supporting leg is the left one and I bend the knee of my right leg. Here's a pick. I can't remember if this has always been the case, to be absolutely fair. The app generates the routine and natarajasana wouldn't show up too often. If this sharp pain showed up only afterwards, I guess this might mean I screwed up somehow and teared something (that just goes to show how much careful I need to be and perhaps that I might have my poses be checked up by someone competent soon anyway). Having said that, I of course am avoiding natarajasana. I was wondering, however, if you could tell me what other poses I could practice as an alternative (if there are any that target the same muscles). Additionally, I would appreciate if perhaps you could suggest some other variations that are somehow easier on the knee? I know that the core of the pose is bending the knee but perhaps there are some preparatory movements that I can do to somehow getting used to the pose? Right now I'm doing these exercises just to be safe, right before my practice. I know you nobody is a doctor here and plus, there would be no way to give an actual assessment by just looking at a picture, but I would be very happy if someone could share their experience and knowledge as at the moment I wouldn't be able to afford a professional checkup, but I don't want to give up on my daily practice (I'm being extra careful now with any transition of any pose). Thanks a ton to anybody willing to help. [link] [comments] |
| I've been told that sweating this much is not a sign of ill health. Posted: 04 Mar 2020 12:06 PM PST check this out.. Apparently I sweated out four pounds plus of sweat in a hot yoga sculpt class. [link] [comments] |
| DAE cry during meditation or savasana? Posted: 03 Mar 2020 10:48 PM PST I actually had to take a break 6 months ago from my local yoga center because I couldn't stop crying during savasana. The tears would just run without me having any control over it. It was around the time I started therapy so I guess I just had a lot of new undiscovered and sad emotions at the time. Now I want to try go again but I started crying again during savasana at home. I'm going through a break up so I guess that's it. Anyone else experienced it and how can I make myself relax? I don't want to quit doing yoga just because I'm not in the right «mood».. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 03 Mar 2020 10:40 PM PST I'm in the first year of yoga teaching and the journey has been awesome and continues to be. The rewarding feeling I get after each and every class I teach is priceless. If you have been practicing and have had the idea of becoming a teacher go for it! [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from yoga. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
No comments:
Post a Comment