Flexibility: Flexibility progress! 01.18 and 07.20 |
- Flexibility progress! 01.18 and 07.20
- “Progress is made in millimetres”
- Comment below and we can help each other !
- Yoga apps review
- Back stretching
- Feeling way more comfortable in this pose than I ever thought possible with continued back flexibility!
- Help is welcome!
- I need flexible hamstrings. Need stretches.
- If I don’t feel a stretch in the muscle, will the stretch still be effective?
- I can't avoid bending my back during pistol squats and it caused me an ugly back pain, can anyone help me identify what I'm lacking on?
- I can't avoid bending my back during pistol squats and it caused me an ugly back pain, can anyone help me identify what I'm lacking on?
- What stretches am I doing and how can I improve them?
- Unstable joints from stretching?
- 15 Minute Morning Yoga Workout for Beginners to stretch, energies twist and turn
- Release Tight Upper Back & Shoulders w/ This Mobility Exercise
- How to sit cross legged. This sequence offers stretches to help you sit cross legged along with various modifications to help sitting cross legged more accessible while on your journey to finding that flexibility.
| Flexibility progress! 01.18 and 07.20 Posted: 05 Aug 2020 07:58 PM PDT
| ||
| “Progress is made in millimetres” Posted: 05 Aug 2020 04:03 AM PDT
| ||
| Comment below and we can help each other ! Posted: 05 Aug 2020 10:26 PM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 06 Aug 2020 04:12 AM PDT Hey everybody! It's been a long time since the quarantine started and the yoga halls closed. So I think a lot of members have already tried the yoga apps at home, but I had a whole challenge. I've tried quite a lot of yoga apps and the coolest things about this app are here. Pocket Yoga $2.99/month. While this app offers beginner settings, it provides limited information to help beginners. It moves very quickly and defines a few poses during the workouts. I had my wife join me for the first lesson on this app so she was able to help me understand what was going on. Also, I had signed up on my iPhone but ended up using the app on my ipad. Then I signed in on my iPad and lost the 2 karma points I got from doing the first session. Not a huge deal but annoying. Felt punished simply for logging in. Which is a shame because I felt rewarded for getting the 2 karma points. https://www.pocketyoga.com/apps/pocket-yoga/ Zenia App: Yoga & Flexibility Free to download or $9.99/month for unlimited classes I've been practicing yoga for several years now and I still haven't found a program or application that would just track the results of the classes and give me simple daily practices. I am constantly on the go, working, etc. so I really need something that can just take me away, and push me into my yoga practice. Zenia app tracks your movements and gives friendly, real-time advice! Beautifully made, very smooth and easy to use, and has so many options! In yoga, it's really hard to track your progress, but these guys are DOING IT. Highly recommend! https://get.zenia.app/0BrF/f2f98069 Daily Yoga Free to download or $9.99/month for a subscription. App functions well, have had no problems setting rest times or voice and music volume. But the routines themselves need work. This app made it super easy for me to start yoga again after a long hiatus but 5 days in and I'm so bored with the app. No matter the routine you choose you're basically doing the same 5 poses with one or two different ones thrown in. YOGA STUDIO: MIND & BODY Free to download or $8/month for a subscription. This app has some pretty decent classes...but I was doing the Yoga Nidra class, which was classed as a mental health practice, and the guide kept saying over and over again- "no mistakes! If you make a mistake, start over" in reference to breathing exercises. It wasn't like 'there are no mistakes, you can't make a mistake because there are no mistakes' it was 'don't make mistakes if you make a mistake you will mess it up' Who on earth thinks it is a good idea to promote a practice as a mental health practice for anxiety, etc, and then make a mantra out of telling people over and over not to mess up the breathing in negative language? I think this is a huge oversight and the yoga Nidra practice should be re-recorded without the unhelpful negative language. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/yoga-studio-mind-body/id567767430 NTC All content is free Dope app especially for workouts at home without equipment needed. Have a brand new baby, also our first one, so when he naps, skip to the living room upstairs or in the same room, roll out a mat and get to work. And the addition of yoga workouts has been a nice surprise. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/nike-training-club/id301521403 Down Dog Free or $8/month or $50/year for a membership. Glo - Yoga and Meditation $18/month for unlimited classes. I like the classes on yoga Glo and the ease of finding good teachers. I do however, really miss the old UX. I am a sucker for minimalist design and as an app designer myself I understand a lot of the decisions that were made but I feel like there are a lot of missing connections in the new app. The suggested 'playlists' are often really buggy and take up so much screen real estate. The large card views for classes make for a lot of scrolling when browsing or searching through favorites. There is no indication when a 'namaste' is successful and the 'notes' added above is quite confusing. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/glo-yoga-and-meditation/id1023475268 I hope this compilation was useful, but please find what suits you. Thank you! [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 06 Aug 2020 03:44 AM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 05 Aug 2020 11:06 AM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 05 Aug 2020 02:10 PM PDT
| ||
| I need flexible hamstrings. Need stretches. Posted: 05 Aug 2020 08:04 PM PDT Really want flexible hamstrings. I feel like if I can stretch my hamstrings out first the rest of my lower body will be much easier to do. Please include links to any stretches if you can. Thanks. [link] [comments] | ||
| If I don’t feel a stretch in the muscle, will the stretch still be effective? Posted: 06 Aug 2020 01:31 AM PDT | ||
| Posted: 05 Aug 2020 04:33 PM PDT On my left leg I can do them focusing on my strength only, but on my right leg I can't reach the bottom with my foot flat on the ground unless I bend my back a lot, which I believe is what causes me an ugly back pain for the next 3-4 days. I have to either lift my heel off the ground or not use full ROM, I think lifting my heel off the ground for pistols would be ok, is it? But anyways I want to improve my flexibility so that I can do it cleanly, as I want to get heavily weighted pistol squats. [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 05 Aug 2020 04:33 PM PDT On my left leg I can do them focusing on my strength only, but on my right leg I can't reach the bottom with my foot flat on the ground unless I bend my back a lot, which I believe is what causes me an ugly back pain for the next 3-4 days. I have to either lift my heel off the ground or not use full ROM, I think lifting my heel off the ground for pistols would be ok, is it? But anyways I want to improve my flexibility so that I can do it cleanly, as I want to get heavily weighted pistol squats. [link] [comments] | ||
| What stretches am I doing and how can I improve them? Posted: 05 Aug 2020 11:25 AM PDT
| ||
| Unstable joints from stretching? Posted: 05 Aug 2020 05:15 AM PDT So I've been stretching a lot more over the last couple of months. Split training mainly. But some back flexibility too. I listen to my body and don't push it too hard and I don't stretch too long or too often. Am now starting to feel like my lower spine/pelvis is a bit unstable. Ie, if I stand from sitting, it feels loose and uncomfortable and I feel scared to put weight on my feet for a while. Has anyone had similar issues? [link] [comments] | ||
| 15 Minute Morning Yoga Workout for Beginners to stretch, energies twist and turn Posted: 05 Aug 2020 06:38 AM PDT
| ||
| Release Tight Upper Back & Shoulders w/ This Mobility Exercise Posted: 05 Aug 2020 08:35 AM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 05 Aug 2020 07:30 AM PDT
|
| You are subscribed to email updates from Flexibility. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
No comments:
Post a Comment