Yoga: Yoga apps review |
- Yoga apps review
- Music! Share your yoga music collections!
- Advice on relieving tension in my chest and stomach?
- Experiences with cork yoga mats?
- Yoga Certification with housing
- I’ve been doing the core 75 minute practice from down dog ( intermediate 1) daily for almost six months and am still wondering how in the heck one can lift their feet for “Lowlasana”- anyone know what I mean? Tips ?
- Are my limitations on never getting a forward fold with chest to knee because of a disc boulge I never checked out ? It frustrates me so. I would get high and force myself down because of my current limitation. I realized this and relax yogis I havent been silly(as Adrienne) would say.
- One shoulder has less range of motion than the other, not sure how to fix
- Downward dog- is it normal that it makes my head feel so much pressure?
- Yin yoga. How do you time your poses?
- Whats the take on warrior 2? Are we supposed to have 45 degree angle on the back leg or keep it straight pointing at 180 degrees ? Also always keep the quad at a 90 degree angle right?
- Question about transitioning to downward facing dog [29M]
- Coffee makes me hyped up now
- Yoga while sick?
- Any beach yoga lovers out there??
- Is Forward Bend/Paschimottanasana the best Yoga pose to gain height? [Road to 171CM/5'7.5"!]
- Should I continue practicing yoga at home as a newbie, if going to a class isn't an option right now?
| Posted: 06 Aug 2020 03:49 AM PDT Hey everybody! It's been a long time since the quarantine started and the yoga halls closed. So I think a lot of members have already tried the yoga apps at home, but I had a whole challenge. I've tried quite a lot of yoga apps and the coolest things about this app are here. Pocket Yoga $2.99/month. While this app offers beginner settings, it provides limited information to help beginners. It moves very quickly and defines a few poses during the workouts. I had my wife join me for the first lesson on this app so she was able to help me understand what was going on. Also, I had signed up on my iPhone but ended up using the app on my ipad. Then I signed in on my iPad and lost the 2 karma points I got from doing the first session. Not a huge deal but annoying. Felt punished simply for logging in. Which is a shame because I felt rewarded for getting the 2 karma points. https://www.pocketyoga.com/apps/pocket-yoga/ Zenia App: Yoga & Flexibility Free to download or $9.99/month for unlimited classes I've been practicing yoga for several years now and I still haven't found a program or application that would just track the results of the classes and give me simple daily practices. I am constantly on the go, working, etc. so I really need something that can just take me away, and push me into my yoga practice. Zenia app tracks your movements and gives friendly, real-time advice! Beautifully made, very smooth and easy to use, and has so many options! In yoga, it's really hard to track your progress, but these guys are DOING IT. Highly recommend! https://get.zenia.app/0BrF/f2f98069 Daily Yoga Free to download or $9.99/month for a subscription. App functions well, have had no problems setting rest times or voice and music volume. But the routines themselves need work. This app made it super easy for me to start yoga again after a long hiatus but 5 days in and I'm so bored with the app. No matter the routine you choose you're basically doing the same 5 poses with one or two different ones thrown in. YOGA STUDIO: MIND & BODY Free to download or $8/month for a subscription. This app has some pretty decent classes...but I was doing the Yoga Nidra class, which was classed as a mental health practice, and the guide kept saying over and over again- "no mistakes! If you make a mistake, start over" in reference to breathing exercises. It wasn't like 'there are no mistakes, you can't make a mistake because there are no mistakes' it was 'don't make mistakes if you make a mistake you will mess it up' Who on earth thinks it is a good idea to promote a practice as a mental health practice for anxiety, etc, and then make a mantra out of telling people over and over not to mess up the breathing in negative language? I think this is a huge oversight and the yoga Nidra practice should be re-recorded without the unhelpful negative language. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/yoga-studio-mind-body/id567767430 NTC All content is free Dope app especially for workouts at home without equipment needed. Have a brand new baby, also our first one, so when he naps, skip to the living room upstairs or in the same room, roll out a mat and get to work. And the addition of yoga workouts has been a nice surprise. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/nike-training-club/id301521403 Down Dog Free or $8/month or $50/year for a membership. Glo - Yoga and Meditation $18/month for unlimited classes**.** I like the classes on yoga Glo and the ease of finding good teachers. I do however, really miss the old UX. I am a sucker for minimalist design and as an app designer myself I understand a lot of the decisions that were made but I feel like there are a lot of missing connections in the new app. The suggested 'playlists' are often really buggy and take up so much screen real estate. The large card views for classes make for a lot of scrolling when browsing or searching through favorites. There is no indication when a 'namaste' is successful and the 'notes' added above is quite confusing. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/glo-yoga-and-meditation/id1023475268 I hope this compilation was useful, but please find what suits you. Thank you! [link] [comments] |
| Music! Share your yoga music collections! Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:46 AM PDT Music is so nourishing to my soul and my practice. I have been curating 3 Yoga music playlists over the past 2 years and would love to hear your favorite artists of have you share your playlists here as well. I hope these playlists add to your practice and life. [link] [comments] |
| Advice on relieving tension in my chest and stomach? Posted: 06 Aug 2020 04:08 PM PDT Hi! So, don't really know if this is the right subreddit for this but I figured I'd give it a try. I haven't really tried yoga yet but I heard a lot about how relaxing it can be. I had (and still have) anxiety and even though I worked on it a lot and it is getting a lot better, one thing I haven't yet quite fixed is to just relax my chest and stomach in social interactions, so both my abs and chest are pretty tight and aching all the time. Feels like there are a solid 5 years worth of anxiety in them, so I'd love to release that. Is there any yoga pose or stretch good for releasing tension in my chest and abs? Not looking for a miracle solution, just something I can do regularly to work on it! Any advice would be great. Thank you! [link] [comments] |
| Experiences with cork yoga mats? Posted: 06 Aug 2020 07:56 AM PDT There are a few companies that make yoga mats with cork and natural rubber, which I'm looking at due to how environmentally friendly they are. Does anyone here have any experiences with them, and if so, which brand did you go with? [link] [comments] |
| Yoga Certification with housing Posted: 06 Aug 2020 01:07 PM PDT Hello all - since there is a lot of unknown free time still ahead, one thing I have been considering is getting a yoga certification. without a lease currently tying me down, I figure this may be a time to go away somewhere to a program with housing. I understand many places may not be offering courses due to covid-19, but just looking for some places to check out. I would appreciate any personal recommendations - mainly looking for programs in the US but open to recs worldwide for the future many thanks in advance! [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 06 Aug 2020 02:59 PM PDT |
| Posted: 06 Aug 2020 05:57 PM PDT If I feel pain its a slight stretch and I never over do it. Haven't for some time now. Yoga really does make you more sensible. Almost cried during pigeon today. I can't allow myself to feel emotion. Crying solves nothing. I am a guy btw. I know women are going to disagree here. I'm lying a bit. I did cry a little because I thought of how back in the day I was very sexual towards women. I mean my upbringing has been bizarre to say the least. I feel yoga changed my ways for the better and I thank the bloke who invented yoga. [link] [comments] |
| One shoulder has less range of motion than the other, not sure how to fix Posted: 06 Aug 2020 07:03 AM PDT Hi, I'm trying to stretch more and I recently learned a trapezius muscle stretch that involves me putting one hand on my back and reaching up towards the neck, and then stretching the shoulder by gently tilting my neck. It's helpful, but I notice I can get my left hand in position fine but my right hand can barely get back there like that. What does this indicate, and is there a way I can work on this? As far as I know it has been like this since childhood [link] [comments] |
| Downward dog- is it normal that it makes my head feel so much pressure? Posted: 06 Aug 2020 10:16 AM PDT Everytime I do downward dog, my head feels so much pressure like it might explode, which gives me a great deal of anxiety. Is this normal? [link] [comments] |
| Yin yoga. How do you time your poses? Posted: 06 Aug 2020 01:51 PM PDT I try not to be near my phone when practicing. Stop watch? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 06 Aug 2020 06:39 AM PDT |
| Question about transitioning to downward facing dog [29M] Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:51 AM PDT Finally getting serious with my yoga practice with the quarantine and that, along with some dietary changes and weight loss, has made such a big difference in my life! I am kind of stuck on one issue with the mentioned transition particularly when doing a Surya Namaskar A/B. My issue is that, when going from up to downward facing dog, I have to plant my palms quite a ways toward my thighs in order to get ANY semblance of good form when I raise my tailbone, but even then, I have to kind of scoot my feet closer toward the top of the mat to continue that good form. It feels like this transition should be a bit more...effortless? If that is the right word I do have long legs and arms and I still have relatively large thighs and stomach so I'm wondering if one of these factors would be a contributor? Anyhow, any help would be appreciated! [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 06 Aug 2020 08:46 AM PDT After doing yoga for a little while I have noticed a single sip of coffee can set my body in honestly set my body into panic mode. I used to handle caffeine no problem. Has anyone else experienced this? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 06 Aug 2020 08:42 AM PDT I have a sinus infection. Is it ok to do yoga or should I wait until I feel better? [link] [comments] |
| Any beach yoga lovers out there?? Posted: 05 Aug 2020 11:15 PM PDT We recently moved close to a beach where I could practice fairly easily. Does any one practice on sand regularly and what is the best way to practice? Mat? Towel? Sand? Any other tips? [link] [comments] |
| Is Forward Bend/Paschimottanasana the best Yoga pose to gain height? [Road to 171CM/5'7.5"!] Posted: 06 Aug 2020 04:20 AM PDT Hi guys, I have been struggling over my height for 11 years now and I've ruled out limb lengthening surgery. So I'm just trying to find a way to gain height naturally. My current evening height is 167.5CM/5'6". Used to be 167CM/5'5.75" before I started the excercises. While my tallest height in the morning (the last time I measured) was 168.5CM/5'6.25". So I mostly just aim to straighten my spine and elongate it to its maximum length, fixing my hyperlordosis/APT and mild scoliosis. I recently also read about the idea of loosening pelvic, hip, hamstring muscles which also affect height. The basic premise is the following:
So now I know that if we thicken the discs, we'll gain the height, but the question is how? Sky's Lumbar Routine (an old height increasing routine I stumbled upon) suggests inverted sit-ups as opposed to stationary inversion which I do all eventhough I am not totally convinced, but that would be a different topic. About 5 years ago, my friend's father who has passed away now suggested me to do Forward Bend/Paschimottanasana to increase height. I didn't take him seriously at the time. But by this time, I am desperate enough that I am willing to do anything. After I read some successful height gain stories in this sub, I actually feel pretty confident that there might be some hidden height in my body that can be exposed. And it quite makes sense if I think about it, the muscles around my lower back, hips, pelvic and harmstring areas are so tight and compressed. If I get them loosened, it would be like pulling a rubber. The rubber will be stretched and doesn't get shrink back to its original form/size. Could this Paschimottanasana pose also possibly stretch the spinal disks in the lumbar area? Here is another good explanation on APT:
The muscles have actually become restricted and shortened over time so a quick 'tilt' won't show the real increase in height possible from fixing apt Here are the pics of my current posture. Anyway, please let me know what you think, it'd be great to hear from you! [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 06 Aug 2020 12:34 AM PDT I'm currently in remission from Hodgkin Lymphoma, having finished chemo 3 months ago. This puts me in the most vulnerable group of people to COVID. I therefore cannot risk going out to a yoga class, even one that's socially distant. I'm also completely new to yoga and, tbh, exercise in general. During my chemo I got very overweight so I'm trying to start tackling that now. I tried yoga to see how I'd find it, and I actually really enjoy it. I have read in this sub, though, that starting as a newbie watching YT videos isn't ideal because you don't know when you're going wrong, etc. So my question is - given that I can't go to classes now, or in the foreseeable future, should I carry on following yoga videos, or should I put a pause on it and do something else to stay healthy? [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from yoga. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
No comments:
Post a Comment