Flexibility: Moronic Monday 2020-03-09 @ /r/Flexibility |
- Moronic Monday 2020-03-09 @ /r/Flexibility
- Have terrible mobility and flexibility, I need to just work on the basics. Are there any good follow along Youtube videos for this?
- Joint mobility over muscle flexibility
- Chest stretch excercices.
- Tightness in the back of my knees.
- Forgot what basic flexibility feels like
- Is it possible to achieve fully square splits if you have knock knees?
- Hand cannot touch each other behind my back
- Does a workout count as a warmup to stretching?
- Pain/discomfort in upper thigh when stretching adductors
| Moronic Monday 2020-03-09 @ /r/Flexibility Posted: 08 Mar 2020 11:08 PM PDT Have a "stupid" question and are afraid to ask it? (Or don't want to make a whole thread for it?) Well, feel free to ask away in this thread! There's no such thing as a stupid question. This is also a great opportunity for the rest of the community to help each other out. Guidelines:
Enjoy! [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 08 Mar 2020 03:37 PM PDT I think I really need to just work on the basics for mobility as I'm horrible. Any good follow along videos? [link] [comments] |
| Joint mobility over muscle flexibility Posted: 08 Mar 2020 11:45 PM PDT Hey r/flexibility, I am trying to find out the best course of action for me. I am a decent (M26) "athlete". I work a desk job but I still work out everyday and love it. For example I ran a 10k yesterday and lifted lower body today and feel (reasonably sore) but great. My issue is that my joints crack. All over. My shoulders, elbows, hips, knees, ankles, feet, back, hands and neck. All of it. By crack I mean they crack, click and pop when I don't want them too. My muscles don't feel "bad" though. I'm not in great shape but I enjoy fitness but it is discouraging when my joints seem inferior. Tying my shoe? Hip, knee and shoulders crack. Dog barks? Neck pops. How do I even go about fixing this. I stretch a lot I think. I can touch everything I need to and I follow a lot of you great Instructions here to stay lose. Please point me in the right direction. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 08 Mar 2020 12:50 PM PDT I've been doing Yoga for a few years now. And been hitting the gym for almost two years. Before going to the gym I, as a warm up and to improve my flexibility, been doing a 20 mintues strech. I'm planning in change my gym routine to a pull push legs (back, chest and legs). I can fill the 20 minutes strec warm up for both the back and legs day. I cannot think in some stretching excercices for the chest days. Any recommendation in what excercices I should do? [link] [comments] |
| Tightness in the back of my knees. Posted: 08 Mar 2020 08:09 PM PDT Hi there! I have always been really tight in the back of my knee caps. Since I was a kid, I wasn't able to touch my toes at all while standing or sitting. I'm 29 and I am now able to barely touch my toes. I want to learn how to do the splits, but I don't know if I'll be able to overcome the tightness in that area. My hip flexor muscles are very flexible, so I don't have any problems with that area. Any recommendations on what I can do to help?? My knees also pop often throughout the day, and I feel a stabbing pain right under each knee cap when I do squats or ride a bike. I wonder if that has anything to do with the tightness. Or maybe once I get flexibility in that area, maybe it will help? Any advice is appreciated! [link] [comments] |
| Forgot what basic flexibility feels like Posted: 08 Mar 2020 07:46 PM PDT Hey gang, first a bit about me: I'm a 35 y.o. male who works in the tech field. I played football growing up and definitely still have a more muscular build, but used to be relatively flexible for my size. I've lost all that sitting at a desk hacking away all day. I tried attending a basic yoga class, but couldn't even sit cross-legged (most of my tightness is in my hips/legs). I can barely clasp my hands behind my back. I haven't been back to yoga, partly due to the embarrassment of literally sweating trying to sit cross legged (I eventually used foam blocks). My question is this: for those of you (especially in your 30s) who've had to gain flexibility from scratch, how did it feel along the way? Did it affect your overall comfortability in your skin or only during physical activity? I don't recall stretching being this painful. I'm trying to lose about 20 lbs to get back into a healthy BMI and I'm wondering if it's the root cause of my inability to gain endurance running (no length to my strides, crippling tightness in calves even after doing hamstring and runner's stretch). Not sure if this is just "getting old" at a desk job or if my residual muscle from my glory days has gone unstretched for too long and is doing me more harm than good. I still play softball and noticed that I can't even get my hips around in my swing anymore. Yard work has become increasingly difficult. I still try to do weight training and when squatting my arms can't comfortably grip the bar due to tightness in shoulders. This isn't normal, right? [link] [comments] |
| Is it possible to achieve fully square splits if you have knock knees? Posted: 08 Mar 2020 08:49 PM PDT I've had knock knees my whole life (my dad has them too, it's hereditary) and it basically means that my knees cave inward a little when I stand straight. I can't physically put my feet together without one knee going significantly in front of the other, because there isn't enough space between them. This is a picture of what it looks like. My case is fairly mild, but I think it's going to affect my ability to achieve square splits. I'm making progress on my front splits but I'm finding it difficult to keep my back leg on either side from turning in, and I think it's because of my knees. I think this because the way my foot turns in when I'm practicing the splits is the exact same way it turns in when I'm doing elevated split squats . If I'm wearing a flat shoe like converse when I do those my back foot isn't flat on the bench like it is in the picture, it's turned inward and it gets very uncomfortable. I figure maybe my foot turns inward because my knee does, and kind of follows the alignment of my knee if that makes sense. Is it possible for me to still somehow square my hips when I get close to achieving full splits, or will they probably always have to be open splits? Thank you so much if anyone has any advice or insight :) [link] [comments] |
| Hand cannot touch each other behind my back Posted: 08 Mar 2020 08:25 AM PDT I mean 1 hand goes from up and the other hand goes from down. My hands cannot touch each other and I do not know what I have to train to be able to do that. I think it has to do with shoulder mobility but Im not sure. [link] [comments] |
| Does a workout count as a warmup to stretching? Posted: 08 Mar 2020 09:39 PM PDT I know that you should always warm up before stretching. However, I just found out that you also shouldn't stretch after a workout. However, my routine is a 10 min core workout followed by a 10-15 deep stretch routine. Is this bad? Does the core workout count as a warm up and help me or is it harmful? [link] [comments] |
| Pain/discomfort in upper thigh when stretching adductors Posted: 08 Mar 2020 03:18 PM PDT Hey guys I'm trying to improve my adductor flexibility but am struggling, as whenever I start any sort of adductor stretch I get an uncomfortable pain on the outside upper part of that leg, sort of just below the hip crease. I can generally push through it as it doesn't become severe, but it's affecting my ability (and desire) to get an effective adductor stretch. Looking at a diagram the position of the discomfort is roughly where I see the tensor fasciae latae, as it is a bit forward of centre. I've tried doing hip flexor and abductor stretches prior to adductor stretches but so far it hasn't seemed to alleviate the problem. I've also been rolling out my glutes with a ball in case they are contributing. Just wondering if anyone has any information that might help me. Thank you. [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from Flexibility. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
No comments:
Post a Comment