Meditation: You can't create insight. It comes to you when the conditions are right |
- You can't create insight. It comes to you when the conditions are right
- Meditation isn't supposed to be dreadful, a chore, self discipline, a practice, tedious, a training, or like exercise to be healthy and lose weight (lose mental burden). It's supposed to be your natural state, as natural as breathing, as enjoyable as basking in warm sun.
- I think I'm a new person and I don't know how or what to do.
- can meditating help me grieve?
- What discoveries have you made through meditation?
- Something weird happened the last time I meditated.
- Is this normal when meditating?
- Visual Meditations
- If I am not my thoughts, then where do my thoughts come from, if not from "me?"
- i hate how my sense of self worth and happiness correlates to my level of productivity on any given day
- Can meditating help me stop fapping?
- REMINDER: Don’t take your practice (or life!) too seriously!
- How did meditation improve your life? And how long do you meditate?
- I stopped meditating for a while...
- [NSFW] [SERIOUS] This will sound dumb but I'm being serious here. Is there a type of meditaton that can help me stop thinking so much about my inadequate penis size?
- Anyone want to meditate with me on Discord? I will direct it and it will be about 5 minutes! No pressure though haha, just casual and friendly! DM me.
- Is it possible to release dopamine in the brain by meditating
- Questions
- Binaural beats!
- Meditation dis something to me
| You can't create insight. It comes to you when the conditions are right Posted: 08 Mar 2020 03:46 PM PDT Just a reminder to all today who are, subconsciously or consciously, seeking or expecting results from their practice to instead let it go; meditation is a series of simple tasks, easy to perform, that only need to be repeated until they bear fruit. Let go of expectations, judgements, wants and resistance for the day and try to be happy with however your practice turns out. There is no such thing as a bad meditation. ❤ [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 09 Mar 2020 01:11 AM PDT Dear Me, this is some reminder for you If not, you will ended up treating meditation as just another tips and trick or alternative treatment that fit "5 ways to increase your mental health and reduce stress". Meditation isn't mere replacement or complement to exercise, listening to classical music, sharing your feelings or even taking anti depressant. Sure it can go that way too, but let's call that "mental discipline program" instead of meditation. When you put effort into meditation, often you'll be on the wrong path. Just as you don't need effort to breathe, you don't need effort to meditate. Except at the beginning where your nose might be congested because of some flu. So me, please stop trying, I'm not even saying "stop trying so hard", just stop trying. I hope for your wonderful journey ahead, thanks me, i love you. [link] [comments] |
| I think I'm a new person and I don't know how or what to do. Posted: 08 Mar 2020 05:31 PM PDT So I've been doing a lot of self therapy (can't afford to see anyone and I'm tired of hating myself) and I've gotten to the point where I kinda just switched my emotions and thoughts off. I've meditated and came out better, like in a good place, but I feel like my mind is too calm. Like there are things that I should be very worried about (mostly money issues) and I can think about it, but I'm not actively anxious about it. This is a whole type of new that I don't know. Like I don't know who I am at this moment. And I do feel scared, but there is no deep pit in my stomach like I know there should be. Hell after the meditation I even said I felt like I was leaving and changing into a new person. But at the same time I still feel like me. Just way way too calm. I am worried. Should I be? Has anyone else experienced this? Just anything to tell me what's going on please. [link] [comments] |
| can meditating help me grieve? Posted: 08 Mar 2020 10:28 PM PDT i am still bummed from a breakup. i would look block my ex on whatsapp, unblock him, block him and etc. i can't stop thinking about him. it has been 2 years, and i'm spiralling into depression. i saw this module on grieving in headspace - worth a shot ? edit. i realised that i fell asleep when i was meditating. is this a bad thing? but i felt refreshed though [link] [comments] |
| What discoveries have you made through meditation? Posted: 08 Mar 2020 12:40 PM PDT |
| Something weird happened the last time I meditated. Posted: 09 Mar 2020 02:58 AM PDT Meditation is something I've done once or twice a year since I was fifteen (I am now twenty-one). The last time I did it, it was a few months ago. I was following one of those generic guided meditations on youtube. (You know the kind they talk you through a breathing exercise and tell you to focus on certain parts of your body, etc.) When all of a sudden, my physical being became background noise, and I was just a ball of energy sitting in my chest. As you can imagine, it freaked me out big time, and I flung my eyes open to force myself out of whatever that was. [link] [comments] |
| Is this normal when meditating? Posted: 09 Mar 2020 02:40 AM PDT I've been meditating for a while but recently, during my sessions, while focusing and centering myself it slowly becomes a sauna of my own mind. The fan could be on or the AC could make the house freezing but as soon as I start becoming aware, it's like someone's setting me on fire. I even begin to sweat and lose focus because it's over bearing. Google said it might be some health issues but that's scary to think about so any answer would be appreciated. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 09 Mar 2020 01:22 AM PDT I'm currently trying different styles and ways of meditating. I have come across a few different visual meditations and I love the concept of them, however I really struggle to hold onto and keep my visualisations or to build onto them. Had anyone else struggled with this? And if so what helped you to get better at your visualisations? [link] [comments] |
| If I am not my thoughts, then where do my thoughts come from, if not from "me?" Posted: 08 Mar 2020 06:54 PM PDT Was just something I was pondering just now. I know thoughts are just amalgamations of external influences and emotions or ideas and that the real "me" is the awareness. But then, where do thoughts come from? What's causing them to take form? Where are they being pumped out of so they pass right in front of my awareness? Is it correct to say my awareness influences my thoughts? If "I = Awareness," then "(?) = Thoughts?" [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 08 Mar 2020 04:06 PM PDT |
| Can meditating help me stop fapping? Posted: 08 Mar 2020 10:55 PM PDT |
| REMINDER: Don’t take your practice (or life!) too seriously! Posted: 08 Mar 2020 05:02 AM PDT One of the most essential skills we can develop as seekers is the ability to see the humor in every situation. This helps us meet the inevitable challenges on our journey with a relaxed, playful attitude. It also gives us courage to keep going. Unfortunately many of us become hardened into "serious adults" so we miss the opportunity to see that life is full of absurdities and ridiculousness. We suffer when we take ourselves (and life) too seriously. Instead of seeing life as a comedy, we see it as a tragedy. Instead of seeing life as a playground, we see it as a battlefield. I heard a quote by the great mystic Osho: "Seriousness is a cancer of the soul." Oof! Seriousness is a quality of the ego. It brings out the pathological tendencies of the mind. We have to be diligent in countering this by adding laughter, music, dance, and celebration into our every day. For this, I suggest practicing laughter meditation. Zen masters recommend to start your day with at least 10 minutes of laughter every morning. I've been doing this and its helped me connect to my inner source of childlike joy and innocence! If you're curious about learning laughter meditation you can refer to my (free) inner child meditation guide. I added the link so you can download it from my website. Keep laughing 😂! ~sattva [link] [comments] |
| How did meditation improve your life? And how long do you meditate? Posted: 08 Mar 2020 09:59 PM PDT |
| I stopped meditating for a while... Posted: 08 Mar 2020 08:55 PM PDT So I stopped meditating for a while which I don't remember the clear reason to it maybe it was because I was getting into my bad habits again but I wanna get to the main point, lately I've been trying to get my sh*t together and start meditating again but when I would try it wouldn't feel the same as before and I've been having a lot of trouble trying to see my thoughts, like I just get lost in then repeatedly Today I tried this method of lighting a candle and meditating while looking at the fire and it would calm my mind and it worked I mean it got rid of all my thoughts so what but my problem here is that idk how much longer that'll work and I just wanna meditate with my eyes closed because it's much more relaxing and less exhausting then having to consistently look at the candle. If any of you have advice For me Iwould appreciate it [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 08 Mar 2020 04:20 PM PDT As title said, NSFW. I do not want to provide more context, other than that I am a gay man. I know some will say it doesnt matter and others will say "just accept it" but I really want to figure out HOW to actually accept it rather than feeling like crap about it. My confidence is in the toilet. And sure I have other insecurities but this is the most aggravating one. I also feel insecure about my general looks (average at best), my race (being black - you might be able to see how this relates to the penis thing as a gay guy) and I'm even insecure about the fact that I have a pitiful lack of volume in my ejaculation. I've started kegels but that only helps with my distance, not the volume. I'm insecure about the fact that I am circumcised. I started seeing a guy and he is just soooooo sexually impressive in sooooo many ways (size, volume, even being uncut so he gets to feel more sensation compared to me. He enjoys sex more than I physically can!!! It's so unfair). And now my insecurity is making me feel like I don't deserve him and that somehow he will be unsatisfied eventually. This might be the wrong sub but after doing LOTS of googling on all that I've mentioned, everything comes back to "accepting yourself" and "mental strength". Soooo with nowhere else to go...how do I meditate to make all of this a nonfactor? Is there like a meditation on acceptance of undesirable body parts? Accepting that you have shitty genes? Accepting that you will never be above average in any conceivable, sexual, or socially viable way? I dont even know where to start but this is killing me on the inside and I feel like an idiot for allowing myself to feel this way. Like I'm not emotionally mature enough to know how to do this. I feel guilty for feeling insecure about something that I cannot change but also cannot seem to accept. Which in turn just spirals into even more guilt and anxiety and feeling of stupidity of myself. Please help. Please. I dont want to try the r/sex sub because it's just filled with people who are gonna berate me. I've seen the posts from others there on the same issue and this "fix your attitude" does not actually HELP ME FIX THE ATTITUDE. So dont tell me about starving kids in africa. That doesnt make me feel better. Tell me HOW to actually accept myself and my flaws rather than assuming I have the ability to just "do it" because I do NOT right now and it fucking hurts. It hurts. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 08 Mar 2020 07:33 PM PDT |
| Is it possible to release dopamine in the brain by meditating Posted: 08 Mar 2020 12:59 PM PDT I been meditating for a while now (5+yrs), currently meditate 35min to 1hr every day, i have mild depression (diagnosed) and some social anxiety (not diagnosed), im lucky that im not always depressed but to be honest its been a while since i felt truly happy for something or excited, Im in my mid 40s and long to feel excited similar to when I was a child, you know that feeling when its Xmas and you open your gift and your estatic I would like to feel that again, now days im very neutral even stoic i would say . [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 08 Mar 2020 04:58 PM PDT It seems like people always talk of the different "techniques" of meditation. But nobody actually says what they are. Like I went on a vipassana retreat and there was a monk there and he was oscillating back and forth. I haven't seen any info on how to meditate this way! How do you meditate this way? Another example is why do monks sleep on hard beds? And what is the "mindful pause" exactly? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 08 Mar 2020 03:54 PM PDT What is everyone's views on meditating too binaural beats for certain things? Does it actually work or is it just a big scam? [link] [comments] |
| Meditation dis something to me Posted: 08 Mar 2020 03:42 PM PDT So I'll make this short I'm a beginner did this one time but I did body scan meditation and my senses and awareness shifted and my vision was like putting on a new pair of glasses and I've felt detached from reality.like brain fog? And i had body numbness lime i overcharged my nerves.So it changed me for the worse and I feel dissociated ever since I did this October 2019 Some insight and help would be nice and I feel like I'm going insane [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from Meditation. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
No comments:
Post a Comment