- [RESOURCE ] I wasn't sleeping well, until I figured that I was going to bed with too many unresolved thoughts in my head. For the last two weeks, I've just been listening to soft music before going to sleep. It really helps slow down my thoughts, and I sleep like a baby!
- This parable came to me as I was meditating
- Lose perception of body and position during long meditation
- You are one with everyone and everything...
- I believe I’m uncovering some horrible repressed memories due to meditating daily and now I’m terrified to keep going.
- Something strange happened while sleeping
- I am looking for young german-speakers, who have been on a silent retreat for more than 10-Days
- I am anxious to meditate as I do not want to face my inner demons
- Meditation and Agoraphobia
- Is it ok to lay down while meditating?
- To any math nerd: meditation teaches us to deal with “dt”, and not with “t” itself.
- Can meditation help with my anxiety when it comes to sleeping at night?
- Meditation is like Avatar.
- I've reached my deepest meditative state so far just now
- LET GO of Anxiety
- A vision of sorts?
- Understanding what it means to bring awareness to breath and observe thoughts
- Not sure what I’m going through, :/
- Headphone Volume level during meditation?
- The Wim Hof Breathing Technique
- Is this normal???
- Looking for progression
- Can a certain type of meditation help throat problems?
- Dreams of fighting with my mother after meditation
| Posted: 03 Mar 2020 07:27 AM PST |
| This parable came to me as I was meditating Posted: 03 Mar 2020 03:18 PM PST You live in a large house by yourself and work very hard to maintain a certain level of cleanliness. Even though you work tirelessly day after day to clean, you always seem to circle back and find that things are just as messy as before you cleaned. After many years of this cycle, it becomes a normal part of life to maintain the house constantly with no progress. One day as you clean you come across an open attic. You climb up the ladder to inspect, knowing that you didn't leave it open, and you find someone else living there. You observe in awe as that person gets up, goes down the ladder and proceeds to start making messes through the whole house. You realize that it wasn't you making the house messy all these years. Without interrupting you follow closely behind and gently clean up each mess as quickly as they are made. After a while, this other person makes their way back to the ladder to climb back into the attic. Now that the person has left, and there is no mess left behind, you take a seat on your couch for the first time in years, sip on some tea and relax knowing that there is peace within those walls. [link] [comments] |
| Lose perception of body and position during long meditation Posted: 03 Mar 2020 10:33 PM PST Hi, I'm training mindulness meditation, following some famous books about it (like the Mark Williams book and others famous books). After 2 months of daily meditation, I often enter in a sort of deep state (after about 40-60min of meditation) during that I don't feel the "position of me", like I feel my head in another position of the room (example: sometimes 1 metre over the body). In this state seems there is no more thought, only void and peace. I suppose this is a sort of state/technique that I don't know, I suppose I can exploit it in a better way and I can learn (move on) from this state, can you provide me some material/articles or books about it? What is it? [link] [comments] |
| You are one with everyone and everything... Posted: 03 Mar 2020 01:22 PM PST Remember those days when you were a kid, those days you were happy and all you care about was enjoying the moment, playing around. Today is that day, back then we use to live on the present and dont living in the past pr thing about your future we just enjoy the moment, want to feel that feeling again? Just live the moment, observe and feel everything around you, you are everything and everyone happening at the same moment, just enjoy the ride and observe everything as a everything even your thoughts, your thoughts are part of the universe and you are here to be aware of everything and dont judge. Just be aware and present. Have a wonderful day. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 03 Mar 2020 02:05 PM PST Long story short, the last few days I've been meditating I have been having flashes of memories that are unnerving. They are memories that feel like they're dreams but deep in me I know that they aren't, and last night I remembered something that sent me into a dissociative state. Today I can't get it out of my head and it's been causing panic attacks and random crying fits. I feel like my world has been flipped upside down and everything that I've known about me feels tainted. Meditation has been my favorite way to cope with life and now I feel like it's been ripped away from me because of this. If this isn't the right place to post I apologize, I just feel so weird and lost now. Is this something that comes with meditation/the spiritual journey? I already am going to a therapist currently and I do plan to talk with her about this the next time I see her. If anyone has experienced anything like this and you feel comfortable sharing, please do. [link] [comments] |
| Something strange happened while sleeping Posted: 03 Mar 2020 11:04 PM PST Last night while dreaming, I decided to start meditating for some reason (mindfulness of breath). Usually I breathe through my mouth when I sleep, but when I did this I start breathing through my nose and was really focused on my breath. Within 0.1-5 seconds of doing this while asleep (can't measure the time very accurately in hindsight), I wake up, but I'm still meditating. The instant I woke up felt like a fast wave going through me. My mental state before and after physically waking up felt identical and continuous. It seemed like I was also in a very deep meditative state the entire time for my beginner standards. Usually I'm super groggy when I wake up but I was clear headed and kind of shocked by what had just happened. Has anyone here experienced something like this? [link] [comments] |
| I am looking for young german-speakers, who have been on a silent retreat for more than 10-Days Posted: 04 Mar 2020 12:55 AM PST I am currently researching interview partners for one of germanys largest radio networks (WDR / 1LIVE). Can you help me? [link] [comments] |
| I am anxious to meditate as I do not want to face my inner demons Posted: 03 Mar 2020 03:34 PM PST I have this difficult assignment that needs to be done. I am genuinely scared to do it as the subject it is in is not one of my strong points. I know that if I meditate I will feel better and get over my anxiety. However, my fear of failure is so high that I cannot even bring myself to meditate because I do not want to get over my anxiety and then do the assignment only to end up submitting a subpar paper. (wow, reading this back, I really am noticing how my mind is playing games on me.) I think what is at play here is that
How can I reconcile this? I do not want to be in this position anymore. I literally just wasted my whole day today. I do not feel guilty about it because I genuinely feel that the pain of doing the assignment is worse than the pain of waiting. But, how can I get myself to stop being so anxious and just get on with it and start working? This is not procrastination. This is a form of PTSD (I have consistently failed to score well in History even though I literally pour the majority of my efforts onto this subject). [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 03 Mar 2020 06:49 PM PST Hey everyone, this is my first time writing here and believe me this is a big step for me. 24M y/o. I've been suffering with anxiety and agoraphobia for 5 years now. For everything that I tried (medication, psychotherapy, acupuncture etc...) definitely meditation & self-compassion is what has been helping the most on the last 6 months. What's happening is that I'm about to go studying for 6 months in a country +/- 10000km from mine - yes its f**** far ahah and that scares me. What I'm here to ask is that if some of the redditors here have some mantras/way of practices that I can tell to myself in order to reassure my mind when this far away from home, even if when I'm under severe anxiety states its harder to accept my state of mind. Thanks again, Love this subreddit <3 JoaoLilly [link] [comments] |
| Is it ok to lay down while meditating? Posted: 03 Mar 2020 08:00 PM PST |
| To any math nerd: meditation teaches us to deal with “dt”, and not with “t” itself. Posted: 03 Mar 2020 11:59 AM PST |
| Can meditation help with my anxiety when it comes to sleeping at night? Posted: 03 Mar 2020 07:51 PM PST I'm new to meditation and I'm interested in knowing if its possible with meditation to stop negative thoughts creeping in when I'm trying to sleep. I have battled with anxiety alot of my life and I know whenever I try and meditate at night while I'm lied in bed I can't seem to be able to truly relax into it without my anxiety creeping in. It would be great to just drift off when I go to bed but every night I seem to be battling with thoughts before I eventually fall asleep from exhaustion. Is there an optimal time for me to meditate and/or are there certain meditations I can try out if and when I'm lied in bed to stop these thoughts? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 03 Mar 2020 06:37 AM PST My friend asked me what meditation was like. I said that for me, it was like a deep connection to my true raw-self and everything around me. She said "Like the movie Avatar, when they connect their ponytails to things?". "Yas!" I said. So I watched the movie again and they have this thing called 'tsaheylu' which is like a bond or a connection to all living things and the world around them. There is a great scene where Jake Sully jumps on the alien horse and makes the 'connection', he feels it breathing and it's powerful muscles and it actually reminded me of the practice of connecting to the breath. Being truly present and feeling the breath, the body, the world around you. So yes, I suppose meditation is like Avatar... kinda, except for all the blueness. [link] [comments] |
| I've reached my deepest meditative state so far just now Posted: 03 Mar 2020 07:05 PM PST It was like there was noise in my head throughout the meditation and I hadn't realised it. Suddenly the sound that you hear when there's nothing to hear became louder, and parts of my body that I haven't relaxed before became relaxed. I no more could feel the air passing through my nose and entering my lungs, my jaw was open and not a single muscle was moving. My eyelids became a little bit more clear, and my breathing completely monotone, without me controling it. It was amazing. Edit: Oh yeah, and my headache was completely gone while doing it. Meditation is truly amazing. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 03 Mar 2020 08:43 AM PST At the end of a crazy day, Solitude on Guitar helps me wind down and let go of my anxieties. [Playlist] [Spotify] [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 03 Mar 2020 07:58 PM PST I had a run in with grief today, as my family had to put one of our dogs down. I spent the day with my family and then excused myself to meditate in my room for a while before bed. I opened my window to let the sounds of the evening ease me into the present moment. I sat down to meditate with my weighted blanket (I find it helps ground me) and started my meditation. Recently, my meditations have been too intense for me as I have felt too "out of body" and distorted (see my Alice in Wonderland post), but this time I pushed through the experience. What I was left with left me in awe. It was like my third eye opened up and some sort of blank universe emerged from it, expanding beyond the small frame of my mind. It was like my brain had expended outside of the confines of my skull and showed me an ever-expanding space. I'm not sure what that was or if it meant anything, but I'm happy I experienced it. [link] [comments] |
| Understanding what it means to bring awareness to breath and observe thoughts Posted: 03 Mar 2020 10:56 AM PST I think I finally understand what it means to keep bringing awareness back to the breath and observe thoughts and let them pass. It may seem simple but yet it can be so complicated but I think it's made a big difference in meditation for me. After reading so much about it and not understanding the concept of observing the breath and bringing awareness to the breath, I just kept practicing meditation and eventually I understood that when a thought pops up I would shift my focus back to my breathing. This is big for me because at first I was meditating to empty my mind but instead I learned I'm not supposed to really empty my mind but just focus on the breath. I take attention away from thoughts and bring my attention to my breathing or the present moment. I guess the example would be like if someone was in a lecture and started daydreaming and realized they were not paying attention to the lecture and started focusing back on the lecture. I guess my only question is what's the difference between focus and "not thinking"? Since when you're focusing on something you're no longer really thinking. When I'm focusing on the present or breath I'm not aware of any thoughts for that moment. [link] [comments] |
| Not sure what I’m going through, :/ Posted: 03 Mar 2020 10:40 PM PST I recently moved states and have been here for about 2 months. I don't have a job yet and have just been spending my time with new friends and alone. You know that feeling of summer break? It's always felt to me like my life was paused. Between those months of school, it felt like my progression was paused and I was just existing for the summer. It made life feel slightly meaningless and strange. I'm not out of high school but am going through the same thing. Do you think it's because I'm not working out here? I just feel sort of existential and the variation now is that this feeling is directed toward the whole planet,in my eyes. It all feels meaningless, and like my progress is paused right now. Like Im just pointlessly existing, waking up each day, pooping, eating, calling my family, going to sleep, repeat. What's the point? I've read all about dissociation and DPDR and it resonates but also definitely scares me because I feel like this will never go away. I've been able to get my mind off of things but this weird new perspective of the earth doesn't go anywhere. Does this sound like anything common or related to anxiety/depression? I was thinking that maybe depression has emotionally suppressed me and that doesn't exclude my emotions while processing things, so maybe that's why it all feels numb/meaningless. I dunno, any insight is helpful <3 [link] [comments] |
| Headphone Volume level during meditation? Posted: 03 Mar 2020 06:19 PM PST Hi I am new to meditation and I will be using my BeatsStudio3 headphones. I'm not sure if I am overthinking this but should the volume be soft where I have to be focus to hear and tune in or loud to drown out distractions and wandering thoughts. Thank you 😊 [link] [comments] |
| The Wim Hof Breathing Technique Posted: 03 Mar 2020 09:35 PM PST First off...I am no master in meditation. I would call myself a beginner. I don't even practice it often. I don't remember the last time I did a meditation session. The meditation I used to try and practice was the TM. I found some benefit to it, but nothing profound, impacting, or long lasting. I learned about the Wim Hof Breathing Technique 3 days ago and how to do it. My girlfriend's dad taught me. It's actually quite simple. So I've been doing it everyday for the past 3 days. It doesn't seem to interfere with my time and schedule. I decided to do it once after I first wake up in the morning before getting out of bed, once or twice after I arrive home from work, and once before I go to sleep. I also, low key, randomly will do it throughout my day. I don't think people notice I'm doing it. It's not as intense as when I do it at home. Every time that I've done a good session where I push my limits, I am able to see and feel some sort of an "energy." This "energy" seems to be coming from within me, if that makes any sense. I am assuming this is my chakras brightening up. I would say my mid-day session is always the most intense one. After each mid-day practice, I come up with the most loving ideas of how to perceive the world I live in. I've been sharing my experience more in depth with detail with my mom and girlfriend. So far after my 3 day journey of the Wim Hof practice, I find myself more confident, less anxious, more calm, less distracted, and more focused. I hope to share more about myself and my experience with this technique, and how it impacts my life...if any. We will see. Thanks for reading! Peace. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 03 Mar 2020 09:04 PM PST I was just meditating and I felt a fuzzy sensation go across my body and I felt like i was spinning while lying down in my bed this is like my 5th time meditation I was gonna keep going but in my mind I was freaking out and my heart was racing [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 03 Mar 2020 08:06 PM PST I've been doing simple 10 minute guided meditations twice a day for a while now and I feel like it's time I try something radically different. Does anyone know any meditation practices that would be a good next step. [link] [comments] |
| Can a certain type of meditation help throat problems? Posted: 03 Mar 2020 08:03 PM PST Like maybe throat chakra. For someone with chronic sore throat/tightnesses that happen often or from stress/anxiety. What do you think? [link] [comments] |
| Dreams of fighting with my mother after meditation Posted: 03 Mar 2020 07:41 PM PST Many times after I meditate, especially when I'm not consistent in practice, I tend to have horrible dreams of fighting with my mother. Could this suggest that there some repressed feelings left inside of me that I need to figure out ? [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from Meditation. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
No comments:
Post a Comment