Flexibility: Some Progress. (Need to fix my lower back) |
- Some Progress. (Need to fix my lower back)
- Can someone tell me what this weird pain is right below my left butt cheek? (lol)
- Pelvic/hip mobility in frog position: can you comfortably change the position of pelvis in this stretch?
- Back pain in pike
- What do you think about this?
- Free stretch videos
- Starting my flexibility journey today, keep me accountable!
| Some Progress. (Need to fix my lower back) Posted: 06 Mar 2020 10:45 PM PST
| ||
| Can someone tell me what this weird pain is right below my left butt cheek? (lol) Posted: 06 Mar 2020 09:51 PM PST So I'm a 16 year old male and I recently got a surge of inspiration to learn the front splits. I started stretching February 20th and have stretched every morning and night, every single day since then. I made some really good progress so far but for the past couple of days I noticed there's a really sharp pain right below my left butt cheek (easiest way for me to explain where lmao) if I lift my left leg up too far. The weirdest thing is that the pain goes away temporarily if I massage the area for a couple seconds. However, it always ends up coming back hours later when I begin my stretching routine again. I don't think I pulled something because I feel like the pain wouldn't go away that easily? I'm just not sure why it keeps coming back. I also warm up at least 10 minutes before every time so I'm really confused. So does anyone know exactly what the pain is? Is this pain normal? Should I just work past it or should I rest it? And if so how long should I rest it for? I tried googling why this might be happening and I haven't been able to find anything. [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 07 Mar 2020 03:34 AM PST Frog stretch: In videos on YouTube it looks like most people maintain an anterior tilt of the pelvis. I once met a ballet dancer who said she preferred the stretch with a posterior tilt. Obviously there are variations. My question is- how is YOUR level of comfort with moving the pelvis from anterior to posterior tilt position while in frog pose? I tried this yesterday and it was incredibly uncomfortable. I don't want to say it was painful, but just more felt like I completely lacked the muscle control to smoothly move the pelvis in this position. It was shaking as I was moving it. Is this bad that I can't do this? Honestly I'm not even sure which muscles are controlling this movement. If the wording is confusing- just imagine smoothly rocking the pelvis from anterior to posterior tilt while resting in frog position! Very curious as to what people say. Thank you! [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 07 Mar 2020 02:36 AM PST Hello! I've been stretching every day, various stretches, for about 2 weeks now. One stretch that I can't seem to get right at all is my pile stretch. When I do it seated, trying to keep my back straight, I have terrible pain when I release the stretch. It feel like my lower back is right, even though I'm trying as hard as I can to anterior it rotate my pelvis specifically so that my back doesn't bend. Even when I only bend slightly from sitting up straight, my back bends and I can't seem to keep it straight without mid-lower back pain. Any advice or videos on what I could be doing wrong? [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 06 Mar 2020 11:44 AM PST
| ||
| Posted: 06 Mar 2020 10:40 AM PST Hi everyone I have a Pilates & stretch channel. I teach Pilates and always tell my clients the importance of stretching. I add new videos every week and have close to 50. I hope you can check them out and subscribe if you like. I also take requests for workouts! [link] [comments] | ||
| Starting my flexibility journey today, keep me accountable! Posted: 06 Mar 2020 09:34 AM PST I (19M) currently play hockey, baseball, and boxing, and played pretty much everything under the sun my whole life. However, I've been far from flexible, as I'm not much of a stretcher, just a go-doer. A few months ago I started powerlifting, and figured since sports are in the offseason right now, it'd be a good time to build back my strength, cardio, and flexibility. I'm making this post to not cheat myself and to hold me accountable. If I remember, I'll update in 30 days. Cheers! [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from Flexibility. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
No comments:
Post a Comment