• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 12, 2020

    Meditation: Tip: Go through your subreddit subscriptions and weed out the ones that are generally negative or judgemental. These subscriptions shape the bulk of your data consumption, and can have significant sway over your mindset.

    Meditation: Tip: Go through your subreddit subscriptions and weed out the ones that are generally negative or judgemental. These subscriptions shape the bulk of your data consumption, and can have significant sway over your mindset.


    Tip: Go through your subreddit subscriptions and weed out the ones that are generally negative or judgemental. These subscriptions shape the bulk of your data consumption, and can have significant sway over your mindset.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 10:26 PM PDT

    Wow

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 06:32 PM PDT

    Today I wanted to try something different with my meditation, so I got stoned beforehand and set my timer for 45 minutes (which is long for me, usually I only do 15 minutes at a time). The familiar thoughts arrived and I thanked my brain for them and watched my breath.

    After a while I felt I was going deeper. Like Alice falling down the rabbit hole saying hi to various thoughts on the way down. Then I saw my inner child. This scared ball of emotions all alone in this vast darkness. I approached it with loving kindness and promised I would never leave it again. It will always be with me. It was such a powerful moment I felt tears streaming down my face and I remembered that quote "if you haven't cried while meditating you probably haven't meditated for that long." I sat with all those emotions and with that sweet inner child.

    I sat and sat and sat for what seemed like a century. But I knew my brain plays tricks like this and it's probably only been like 20 minutes and so I sat.

    When I finally felt like I was ready, I opened my eyes and saw that I forgot to set the timer and it had been 2 hours.

    It was great! :)

    submitted by /u/NapkinsUnite
    [link] [comments]

    If you're living in your head, you're not in reality.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 07:35 AM PDT

    Most people aren't in real contact with life, with reality. There is always a barrier between them and life, and that barrier is the ego. It's constantly judging, evaluating, commentating and interpreting the present moment, or most times, what happened in the past and what will happen in the future. This is why people are generally unhappy, because they aren't really living in the first place. Real life takes place here and now, everything else is just imagination.

    This post was inspired by these lyrics from a song I wrote called 'let go', hope you listen to it:

    I don't like to force things, I'll let life unfold

    Whichever way it goes I'll go with flow.

    Anything else is just insanity,

    If you're living in your head

    you ain't in reality.

    submitted by /u/Jax_Gatsby
    [link] [comments]

    After therapy and meditation... it amazes me that as a society we put so much trust in our thoughts and feelings.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 05:45 PM PDT

    I am increasingly realizing that my thoughts and feelings are not to be relied upon like some omnipresen, all knowing guide. Indeed there is MUCH about myself that I have been wholesale wrong about. Chiefly that I used to think of myself as unlovable and "wrong" in some intangible almost carcinogenic sense.

    Thoughts and feelings are still useful flags to note but without sitting with ones self it's amazing how easily fooled we are into believing our own bullshit.

    Our society puts so much emphasis on "know theyself". Follow your feelings, your gut, listen to your intellect. And yet we almost totally ignore the tools necessary to actually decifer what it even means to know ourselves. Our thoughts and feelings only offer the smallest hints and signposts toward the real "us" under the surface.

    submitted by /u/eulersidentity1
    [link] [comments]

    Personal and Spiritual development can lead to exhaustion and confusion if you aren't careful. Setting high expectations and comparing yourself to your idealized self is unhealthy

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 02:25 PM PDT

    Like many of you, I have spent plenty of time reading books & articles, watching youtube videos, podcasts, and even online courses. What I've learned recently is that I was always focused on the endpoint, trying to get to a point where I was done.

    Instead of trying to speed through your growth try to relax. There is no rush, there is nothing you need to do. Be gentle with yourself and don't fall into the traps that I have. The trap of constantly comparing yourself to an idealized version of self. And with each step you make, the idealized version gets better and better, similar to a dog chasing his tail. I compare myself to the person I wish I was. I noticed that I was and still do criticize myself for not being better and it's taking a lot of work to relax and just love myself.

    So for those of you who resonate, try to be PRESENT during your journey. In the end, you are the biggest critic of yourself. You cannot be perfect, so enjoy the journey. I have found meditation to be SO HELPFUL when it comes to trying to be more present. I feel less absorbed in always trying to achieve on my spiritual journey and I am learning to love myself and journey while I'm on it!

    I have been inspired to share my learnings in more depth on my youtube channel. If you care to support me I would really appreciate it!

    Spiritual Awakening: How to be PRESENT and avoid Mental Fatigue

    Why letting go of emotions heals you permanently

    submitted by /u/petree28
    [link] [comments]

    How do you guys have the guts and the mood to sit and meditate when you are jobless and short on money? What about other life responsibilities that you are literally living off your savings and you need to be “realistic” ? Like how to meditate on an empty stomach?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 10:46 PM PDT

    I am not nervous yet but anxiety kicks in sometimes as I am looking for job while I am living of my savings. I am anxious of ending up alone with no shelter of food. I try to be logical and not waste money also look for jobs too. But sometimes its just hard as time is passing by.

    Would you please help with any idea?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/sabucoush
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for a beginner? Common mistakes?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 01:31 AM PDT

    I'd imagine this sort of question is asked quite a lot around here. I still want to ask it for myself.

    I've been considering meditation for quite some time but never got around to it. I finally started on Monday last week. I decided to start small and go for 5 minutes every morning because I didn't want to frustrate myself by forcing a 15 minute long session when I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing yet.

    So far, it's been interesting. I find myself coming out with a head slightly clearer than I would have been had I not meditated. Sometimes, tho, I wonder if I'm doing it right, as I'm sure most beginners do.

    Any tips? Common mistakes and how to correct them?

    submitted by /u/archangel610
    [link] [comments]

    Does less thinking save energy?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 10:21 PM PDT

    Does mental exertion have the same draining effect as physical activity? By lessening your thoughts do you feel more energized?

    submitted by /u/MouliomTheBeast
    [link] [comments]

    Focusing on breath vs letting thoughts flow, which is correct?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 04:24 PM PDT

    Been meditating for roughly a year, I notice that with time, my meditation perception changes every now and then.

    I recently went from hyperfocusing on my breath, to letting all thoughts simply flow and overtake "me". It's quite a drastic difference, but I do what feels most natural. I guess even when these thoughts flow I still notice my breath, but I don't hyperfocus on it as much.

    I'm wondering which is correct?

    submitted by /u/egolesstime
    [link] [comments]

    Question about mindfulness meditation

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 02:25 AM PDT

    I have a question about mindfulness meditation because a lot of people have different opinions on those : I wanna know, whenever you're meditating, and thoughts comes by as you're focusing on your breathing, do you want to 1.observe the thought until it goes away? I've been doing this lately and it somehow make me focus more on my thought in and outside of meditation even tho I just observe them and it makes my head race because I sometime judge them without even knowing. Maybe this is a good sign, and I just gotta keep going and develop that skill.. 2. Or should I not FULLY observe them and whenever it comes, I just focus on not responding and bringing back the focus on the breathing.

    submitted by /u/aterille450
    [link] [comments]

    Is meditation still helpful if you keep getting distracted?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 02:42 PM PDT

    Sometimes I have good meditation sessions that truly calm me, but often I find myself getting lost in my thoughts and forgetting to bring myself back when meditating. Are these sessions still helpful?

    submitted by /u/MouliomTheBeast
    [link] [comments]

    "I can see the nerves of the world, when looking at my own nerves and the nerves of the world are sick."

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 01:00 AM PDT

    I'm currently working on a video essay about the 1919 movie Nerves and found some inspiration, where I didn't expect it. One of the main characters has what we would call a mental breakdown and proclaims "I can see the nerves of the world, when looking at my own nerves and the nerves of the world are sick."

    This resonated a lot with me. I started meditating because I was so stressed out by work and life in general. I still feel the tenseness in my body and especially in my jaw. I have a tinnitus and often headaches. In other words my nerves are sick. But it's not because something is wrong with me. I am not my body or the sickness of it. I'm the universal consciousness behind the world life. I had this weird expectation that just the right amount of meditation would fix all of the pain in my body. But meditation goes much deeper than that. I guess your outer shell can live a life of pain and suffering without affecting the consciousness at all? I'm not sure if I'm finding the right words for all of this but it felt good writing a bit of this down :)

    submitted by /u/dean-from-earth
    [link] [comments]

    When you're panic, how do you come back to the present moment ?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 12:28 AM PDT

    Hello, These days I'm very sensitive. I struggle to stay in peace because of this anxious atmosphere that is around us nowdays.

    I meditate every day and I'm so grateful to that (and this sub!). However it's like I'm back in my darkest time : fear, panic, sensation of imminent death. I feel I'm stuck in my head...

    So that's why I ask you, how do you come back to the reality of the present moment when it is your head who is suffering ?

    submitted by /u/howaaard
    [link] [comments]

    How about this as aim for meditating -

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 08:06 PM PDT

    be in that state while you are awake

    submitted by /u/whatdoiknw
    [link] [comments]

    Just today I started meditating, read about my TRUE experience.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 04:19 PM PDT

    For the past couple of weeks I've constantly read about meditation, forms what to do how to do it when to do it for how long to do it etc.
    I always wanted to try it out because It's a new experience for me. Now when I read literally everywhere that it's best to do it sitting for ten minutes exactly, I thought to myself that there is no way I could accomplish this, I can barely sit still in class let alone on the ground and think nor do nothing. This is the part where I decided to do it. Literally today, I meditated two times for exactly ten minutes. I set up a timer so I wouldn't have to think about what the time was and did it in my room on my floor. Let me tell you how... amazing it felt.
    For starters I didn't know if I could even do it but I did it. I only focused on my breathing and sat there in complete silence. When those ten minutes were up and my phone buzzed I opened my eyes and it felt as if I was in a different world this whole time and that I was just now going back to the real one. Wow it was such a thrilling event that even when I finished my adrenaline was lightly pumping. I didn't get up as soon as I finished but rather just sat there in complete silence admiring and taking in appreciation of all the things I have in my life rather that I don't have. I also didn't have the urge to check my phone nor sit on my computer for a couple of minutes also. I can't wait to turn this into a daily habit.

    If you have any, any tips on this topic for me, since I am new to this, please let me know and I will tell you the results!

    submitted by /u/Kalimeroto
    [link] [comments]

    How can one turn to meditation with everything going wrong in the world

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 11:27 PM PDT

    I'm 26, pretty healthy and if I do get the virus I should be fine. I'm worried for my family and the financial crisis that comes with it.

    How are you coping with it?

    submitted by /u/jawryse
    [link] [comments]

    Body stops breathing when trying to focus on breath.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 05:00 PM PDT

    I've been trying out breathing focus meditation, and I've been led to believe that you're supposed to acknowledge and observe your breathing without trying to control it. However, as soon as I start to observe my breath without interfering I notice it stops, and my body's natural breathing reflex seems to be strongly inhibited. My body doesn't seem to breathe in for a very long time, and when it does, the breaths are extremely shallow and I feel short of breath. It feels like my body says "hey man, here are the controls, it's all yours!".

    Am I doing something wrong?

    submitted by /u/godsisreal
    [link] [comments]

    VEGETABLES. For your meditation

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 09:25 PM PDT

    Hi. This song is one of my ambient song series "VEGETABLES" , called 'LEEKS.' released in Mar.10 2020. These VEGETABLES songs is going to match your meditation time.

    submitted by /u/MDRMDR1
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone ever attained a bliss state through meditation, and then suffered afterwards?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 12:26 PM PDT

    When I attained this bliss state, I did so by accident, as most of you probably are aware of. These states come from not chasing any states, but letting go of compulsions and gaining spiritual awareness.

    Anyways, I found myself in this state for a week or two. Although I did not know this in the moment, I realized in hindsight that I eventually attempted to "hold" onto this state, and never "lose" it. It truly was joyous being anxiety/depression free. Not euphoric or anything, but just absolutely balanced. If anyone here has tried psychedelic mushrooms, my state was similar to the afterglow those may produce.

    As this state inevitably passed me, this resulted in suffering, and I soon found myself more anxious than I've been in a long time. In hindsight, I had small telltale signs I was holding on this state. I would get anxious and immediately attempt to shut it down. I would get a negative thought, and immediately think it's wrong. Eventually, and obviously, this led to suffering as my state slipped away from my grasp. Before I knew it, I was in the exact opposite of this blissful state. Over the next few days, I've managed to become aware of my compulsory behavior and now I'm not suffering anymore, I was quite confused when I was suffering, questioning my mind, and whatnot.

    I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this

    submitted by /u/egolesstime
    [link] [comments]

    Some interesting things have happened while meditating this past year..

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 04:36 PM PDT

    Such as,

    -Energy moving up through the Chakras and into the third eye, after meditation I had a headache and pressure there

    -Body twitching

    -Vibration in my arms/legs (every time I meditate)

    -Seeing bright white light (nearly every time I meditate) it's very warm and calming, yet sometimes very blinding and intense

    -Seeing the wheel symbol used in Buddhism (Forgot what it's called) and a bright white cross used in Christianity

    -Complete and absolute bliss, love & oneness for everyone and everything

    And some things I have heard while meditating that didn't seem to come from me.. (I've been writing all of this down every time it happens)

    "A wonderful transformation is happening"

    *I hear my name* and I ask who are you? and heard the answer "I am you"

    "I don't exist, I AM" *I am then blinded by an extremely bright light

    "He is important, he must be protected" *Then feeling very calm and reassured that everything is fine

    "Keep this" *In a weird robotic voice?? (Freaked me out lol)

    *Feeling lost and hopeless, like God had abandoned me* "God is always with you"

    *getting restless and thinking a lot* "Still"

    What are your thoughts on these? Has anything like this happened to you or have heard of it before? Do you know more about what it all means? I don't focus on these things while in mediation or all time, as I just continue to observe my breath as usual and make a mental note for later. Keeps things interesting I guess! 😊

    submitted by /u/Noreb
    [link] [comments]

    Meditative Mental cleansing - replace ignorance with understanding

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 04:30 PM PDT

    Daily, sincere meditation and prayer will enable a mental cleansing of your consciousness to take place and gradually TRUTH and UNDERSTANDING will replace ignorance and confusion. If you choose, your life's purpose will be revealed to you. This endeavor will bring you the highest happiness and joy of your life. This is what you are meant to do, if you so desire.

    submitted by /u/superfusion1
    [link] [comments]

    Vivid dreams after meditating

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 08:04 PM PDT

    About a year ago, I began getting up at 4am in the morning and meditating for 40 minutes every day, just because it is quieter and there is less chance that I will be disturbed.

    Then I usually go back to sleep for a while. Very often, during that sleep I have some very vivid dreams. Sometimes those dreams are sexual and a few times, have resulted in something that hasn't happened since I was a young teenager if you know what I mean.

    Does anyone else experience this?

    submitted by /u/marq_andrew
    [link] [comments]

    Morning meditation

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 01:53 PM PDT

    I want to learn to meditate every morning so I can get in the habit of getting my mind right before I start my day. The only problem is, the few times I have tried it I wind up falling back asleep.... especially after closing my eyes and focusing on breathing. I tried doing it after a cup of coffee and same end result. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/_thereITisnt_
    [link] [comments]

    Technical question about meditation tracks and cellphones

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 12:55 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I want to start listening to guided meditation tracks in the morning, using my cellphone. The problem is, my phone goes to standby mode whenever the track is silent for long, even if the settings are set for it not to do so (when there's music or a voice, everything's fine). I have a Huawei. Has anyone else encountered this same problem?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/AnneVee
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment