• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 11, 2020

    Yoga: [COMP] a welcomed distraction for eka pada koundinyasana transition

    Yoga: [COMP] a welcomed distraction for eka pada koundinyasana transition


    [COMP] a welcomed distraction for eka pada koundinyasana transition

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 07:45 AM PDT

    [COMP] did standing split against the wall in class today and it’s my new favorite!

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 02:37 PM PDT

    Not perfect, but getting there

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 08:14 PM PDT

    What is your experience doing yoga as an overweight person?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 02:55 PM PDT

    I have been doing yoga for about 9 years and am currently in a 200hr YTT program. I mostly did the course for personal enrichment and don't think I will ever teach professionally.

    I am overweight. A solid size 16. I've never really had any negative experiences w/ yoga regarding my weight, but I feel like every time I practice with a new teacher I have to prove myself. I just kind of assume that the instructor and other students assume that I'm inexperienced, inflexible, or weak. My practice has its weaknesses...but obviously that is the case silence I am a human being.

    I especially feel this way in power classes.

    Teachers will occasionally compliment me on my practice and I always think "are they just surprised that a gay person can do that?" Which I know is not a great attitude...because I should accept compliments with gratitude and not skepticism.

    Anyway, I'm interested in the experience of other fat people with yoga. Particularly the psychosocial experience. Am I unique in my feelings? Do you ever feel judged prematurely because of your size? Do you feel safe and comfortable doing yoga in public spaces?

    submitted by /u/mormongirl
    [link] [comments]

    [COMP] Am I doing this crow pose right? I feel like my arms are way too bent, compared to pictures I've seen, but if I try to straighten them, I faceplant.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 09:09 AM PDT

    Downdog app is free until 1st of April

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 12:16 AM PDT

    Because a lot if yoga studies are shut down due to corona virus, the downdog app are letting yogis use their content for free until April 1st

    submitted by /u/PurpleySquid
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Down Dog, Yoga for Beginners, HIIT, Barre, and 7 Minute Workout Apps are FREE until April 1st

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 12:59 PM PDT

    Where can I learn traditional Bhakti yoga online?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 06:02 PM PDT

    I want to learn yoga but I'd like to be instructed by a hindu guru. Does anyone know any good beginner videos that can offer an authentic expirence for someone getting into yoga?

    submitted by /u/PrimoNatalis
    [link] [comments]

    [COMP] uttanasana. are my tight hamstrings the reason I can't get my sitbones higher and therefore a straighter lower back? tips appreciated!

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 01:54 PM PDT

    Tips for practicing on carpet?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 11:06 AM PDT

    My husband and I are moving out of our one bedroom NYC apartment that has hardwood floors to a two bedroom in PA ( more space, plus my own room for yoga practice!) However it is carpeted and I am worried that it will be difficult to practice on. I practice mostly Iyengar so I am not doing too much flow. Though I will do a little here and there. I'm trying to think of things that might help but not sure where to start.... Maybe a certain mat will help? Or maybe getting a large dense rug and then putting the mat on top of that? If anyone has found solutions to practicing on carpet, I would love to hear!

    submitted by /u/eva1588
    [link] [comments]

    2020 goals!

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 04:20 PM PDT

    I have set myself the goal of trying to touch the floor with my palms while bend over straight legged by the end of the year!

    Any ideas or suggestions on stretches that will help?

    submitted by /u/cl_brandon
    [link] [comments]

    Handstands make me queef how do i stop this?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 03:19 PM PDT

    Im training in contortion however I couldn't find a sub for that specialty so this is my next closest thing. Anyways im 18 and have been practicing for just under 3years with a coach and my group.

    The first time we started working on handstands my coach was spotting and i queefed with my legs went up. My coach has been making focus on strengthening my lower abs as i am very bendy in my mid back. Over the past few months its been getting stronger.

    Today when I practiced at home it's happened again. It only seems to happen during straddle ups. And i need to fix this but idk how. Im not looking for advice like "stick a tampon i there" or "i just turn up the music." I need advice to help me control it. Because its not doing me any good as a trained performer trying to figure out how to control every position im in. Also apologies for shit formatting.

    submitted by /u/alternatesphere
    [link] [comments]

    Happiness, but also tears, in new studio.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 11:08 AM PDT

    I began practicing yoga 13 years ago and, after a 7 year hiatus from formal classes, I have found a studio that I am really enjoying. During my very first yoga classes, my focus was purely physical. Now I am turning to yoga from a place of both physical and mental/spiritual need - to help manage anxiety and depression, and to give me a spiritual outlet that I have been missing in my life for decades.

    What I've found embarrassing and somewhat distressing is that during my last few classes, at the end of class in either corpse pose or as we are coming out of it, I've started crying. The start of my week was pretty rough this week, so I sort of understand why today was hard, but during the last few classes I'm not sure why it started as I was feeling just fine beforehand. I just feel myself go to this weird place of grief or loss, I let the tears come (silently, of course, as not to disturb anyone else), and I get on with my day. Today I haven't been able to let it go, though, thus here I am.

    Has anyone else had a similar experience? I hate feeling alone, or broken, or something, and not wanting to disturb any other students makes me wonder if I should avoid coming to classes until I sort this out with a therapist.

    Any feedback from teachers? I love my teacher and I don't want to upset her if she happens to notice tears streaming down my face.

    submitted by /u/kriiz1o
    [link] [comments]

    Low abs tension and urgency

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 01:56 PM PDT

    Can low abs tension cause urgency and bladder pressure feeling? Anyone experiences this?

    submitted by /u/MikeCanada1
    [link] [comments]

    What makes a great yoga class for you?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 04:33 AM PDT

    I recently began teaching (200 RYT October 2019) and have been having a lot of fun creating sequences, finding quotes to share and theming my classes but I would love to know what you want or expect when you walk into a studio to practise! Do you prefer less talking, do you want assists, do you want to see your teacher demo majority of the class? I feel adventurous and want to be able to take my classes to the next level!

    submitted by /u/AmzHalll
    [link] [comments]

    Gym vs Martial Arts vs Power Yoga

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 10:49 AM PDT

    I m male, age 18. (82kgs but not fat). So since my school is over I want to focus on my health. The thing is I have a gym and MMA/Taekwondo training centre near me. Now I m confused about where to go. I don't want a bulky muscular body. Instead, I want a decent body, with speed and flexibility and good self-defence techniques and high strength. I m pretty much sure to choose MMA training but just wanted to know opinions on Power Yoga. Can it help me to achieve the same?

    submitted by /u/fumaxin
    [link] [comments]

    Question about daily practice.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 06:56 AM PDT

    Hi. I want to know what practices except asanas, pranayama and meditation you do everyday.

    Wish everyone good health and peace of mind :)

    submitted by /u/ShaDoWVoiX
    [link] [comments]

    I'm doing yoga for the first time on an app, but I have 2 old ankle injuries, can anyone suggest good exercises for me to try get to be able to lift my heals ect in yoga.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    I am 16, a little heavy but not too bad, and haven't taken much care of them

    submitted by /u/BeckyBbz8884
    [link] [comments]

    About Gayatri Mantra

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 07:00 AM PDT

    I have heard it said that if you do this mantra incorrectly, overtime the results you see will be negative.

    Thoughts? Experiences? Petty fights in the comment section? All are welcome really... 🤪

    submitted by /u/BobFrancisco
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for beginners on yoga app Gaia

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 12:36 AM PDT

    Hey, I'm forced to stay at home due to the massive Coronavirus quarantine in Italy. I've been always really fascinated by yoga practices, and I took a couple of lessons in this last year. I'd like to start doing some yoga practice by my own, especially because right now in Italy gyms and every type of group classes have been suspended till the 3rd of April. For this reasons, I've just signed up to the Gaia app, an app devoted to the yoga and meditation practices. At first glace it seems great to me, but after some video-classes I feel quite lost among the big variety of classes and levels. Do you have any tips for a beginner in order to build a reasoned, intelligent and efficient Yoga practice at home? Thank you for your help :)

    submitted by /u/sun_claire
    [link] [comments]

    Newish: Rave and Question

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 06:33 AM PDT

    Hello all!

    Other than a few aerial yoga classes when I did hammock, I have always practiced to videos at home, but this week I started attending actual classes at my local studio. I am LOVING it! I got an introductory pass for unlimited classes for two weeks, so I'm trying to get in all I can. I wish I had started this years ago!

    Now for my question, last night after my class I was sitting on the couch and shifted my position. When I did this, I felt a small pop in my back and it felt amazing. I'm just curious if feeling adjustments after class is a normal occurrence? Is this something I should expect? Maybe a silly question, but just something I am curious about. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/DirtyAriel
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment