Flexibility: This will help upper back weakness and tightness |
- This will help upper back weakness and tightness
- Love the chirp wheel!
- Conflicting advice on whether to stretch every day
- Morning Yoga Stretching to make back little flexible gradually in 10 minute
- Stretching and Relaxing Yoga at home
- Why is my flexibility decreasing?
- Request for a daily glutes, hamstring and quadriceps stretching routine
- Looking for good stretches or exercises for foot, ankle, calf, Achilles, anterior tibialis, etc flexibility and health
- Deltoid tightness problems
| This will help upper back weakness and tightness Posted: 09 Mar 2020 05:34 PM PDT
| ||
| Posted: 09 Mar 2020 07:34 PM PDT
| ||
| Conflicting advice on whether to stretch every day Posted: 09 Mar 2020 11:51 AM PDT Context: I'm extremely out of shape and trying to work on fixing an anterior pelvic tilt. I've been at it for just over a week. I have an office job that requires me to sit for at least 8 hours. Combine that with sitting to recover from lower back pain (I can't stand for more than an hour without pain from lumbar overextension) and my commute and I'm sitting for easily 10+ hours a day. So, the FAQ and other advice I've read says don't try to stretch too intensively and wear yourself out; your body needs time to recover. But a lot of what I'm reading says that if you're sitting as much as I do, you *need* to be stretching every day, especially if you want to have any hope of correcting APT. Same conflicting evidence with stretching cold vs warm. A lot of stuff says you should never stretch cold, but limbering up cold is ok. But my hip flexors are so tight that almost *any* stretch is going to put me in a new range of motion. Just doing the upright, 90/90 kneeling "true hip flexor stretch" for example, I kneel down, get into posterior pelvic tilt by engaging my core and flexing my glute, and ope! I feel it, a lot. Bascially I'm confused. I have the ability to get up from my desk and do a hip flexor stretch every hour if I need to, but I don't want to overdo it. What's the right amount? [link] [comments] | ||
| Morning Yoga Stretching to make back little flexible gradually in 10 minute Posted: 09 Mar 2020 06:16 PM PDT | ||
| Stretching and Relaxing Yoga at home Posted: 09 Mar 2020 09:27 AM PDT
| ||
| Why is my flexibility decreasing? Posted: 09 Mar 2020 09:45 AM PDT My flexibility is improving at end range overall. But I have noticed for middle spilts specifically, my starting range is much smaller than before. I have been getting what feels like tendonitis in my adductors. My routine: first warm up with kettlebell squats at 60lbs for 3 rounds of 10 and the straight leg deadlifts 3 rounds of 10 also at 60lbs. I first do forward splits for 2 minutes each side but the right for 2:30 - 3:00 because it is my least flexible side. Then when I go into standing middle splits i feel inflamed right at the Muscle-tendon junction. I stretch 3-4 x week with a rest day inbetween. My first instinct is to do adductor exercises for strength. Maybe I am not warming up enough. But it's concerning that starting middle spilts are sore to start and frustrating to get to my end range and hold it. Thought? Help? Thanks in advance [link] [comments] | ||
| Request for a daily glutes, hamstring and quadriceps stretching routine Posted: 09 Mar 2020 07:09 PM PDT As mentioned in the title, I'm searching for a stretching routine that will improve flexibility for the glutes, hamstring and quadriceps. I play a lot of sports and have previously strained/tore my hamstrings, quadriceps and groin on several occasions. My goal is to prevent these tears/strains. I feel very tight in the glutes and quadriceps which I think contribute to my repeated injuries. The reason I say this is that if I sit on a chair and place my ankle on the opposite leg's knee, it feels very tight in the glutes. Also if I sit on my ankles (google search vajrasana pose) I feel very tight in my quadriceps. I am hoping to dedicate about 20-30 minutes per day for stretching. [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 09 Mar 2020 03:04 PM PDT Anybody have any recommendations? I am trying to take care of my body from the ground up. I wear high heels several hours a week and do a variety of dance forms both in and out of shoes and I need to develop a program of maintenance, recovery, and THEN building flexibility for my lifelong foot and calf health. I do Pilates once a week as a kind of internal massage or recovery from movement, but I'd love more info. This post has a wealth of help already that I'll be reading and moving through at length today: https://www.reddit.com/r/flexibility/comments/9xdclx/improve_your_ankle_dorsiflexion/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf and May be definitive enough to start Thanks :) [link] [comments] | ||
| Posted: 09 Mar 2020 09:12 AM PDT Hey guys, I've been doing kickboxing for a few months now, and as a result of doing a lot of bag work my shoulder muscles have gotten really tight and lost a lot of mobility, especially the right shoulder because that's my power hand. Does anybody have any good movements and tips for muscle tightness and joint mobility in shoulders? [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from Flexibility. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
No comments:
Post a Comment