• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 11, 2020

    Meditation: how do you deal with the insight that you're spiritually/emotionally dead?

    Meditation: how do you deal with the insight that you're spiritually/emotionally dead?


    how do you deal with the insight that you're spiritually/emotionally dead?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 09:01 PM PDT

    As i was meditating, i encountered a void. A strange emptiness that cannot be physically seen but it is a gaping chasm.

    I encountered feelings of emptiness and where i am in a place of no motivation, no strength to muster to move forward. essentially i don't sense any life and i don't even have the strength to do anything.

    I felt that, within me i have given up on life, as much as i am downcast, i don't even have the desire to cry.

    I feel that i stopped living and i don't know why.

    Any thoughts ?

    submitted by /u/jasonbanksreddit
    [link] [comments]

    Have you tried this grounding technique?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 04:49 AM PDT

    The 5-4-3-2-1 technique for grounding - Begin by taking 2 to 3 deep breaths to feel centered. Scan the room and make a note of the things you see around you and name out loud 5 things that you can see. 4 things that you can feel. 3 things that you can hear. 2 things that you can smell and 1 thing that you can touch. Doing so can help you bring your awareness back to the here and now.

    submitted by /u/Wysa_ai
    [link] [comments]

    Myself

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 12:22 AM PDT

    Where did my self go?

    The answer to that, I do not know

    I told my self I would break the mold

    But I ended up in this deep, dark hole

    This is the place of the great unknown

    When the true me reveals itself fold by fold

    Will I ever escape from this place?

    Will my parents still recognize my face

    If I ever come back from this empty space?

    I feel as if I have torn in two

    The real me, and the me I once knew

    It's a scary feeling that I cannot undo

    But it's telling me, I must follow through

    So I keep trekking in this uphill battle

    Feeling like I'm lost, without the paddle...

    submitted by /u/Wack-Zilson
    [link] [comments]

    drugs, psychosis ,my fall, meditation, anxiety, and my rise.

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 02:58 PM PDT

    Hello world Im gonna talk about me hundred fucking percent honest

    I'm 26 years old and ım gonna talk about me

    I was a regular kid in a very fucking rich school. All my life I was insecure although my wealth was pretty good when I compare it to my society. I got bullied when I was young because just being me.Then years goes on Im in high school I still get bullied but now Im friends with the bullies.Years goes on I was a very slow learner but In time I learned to be just like them. To be fake to, to be though, to be cruel when it's not just necacerry. Time goes on Im still studying on them and suddenly my life changed. I've started to get girls that I thought they were out my league. I've never thought I was handsome. Suddenly people started to respect me. I was just being asshole trying to be people who bullied me back then. But I was never happy. One time a get the hottest fucking chick in my town but I don't wanna think about the lies I said to try to get her. All I did was being fake. Fuck that moment Im just wanna express how much it changed my life to be asshole and not being kind and caring. Life went on Im in college now Im doing drugs all kind of shit. Now Im in the cool guys category fur sure. I did drugs for 7 years. I think the only ones I didn't experience are Heroin and PcP. I know there are hella drugs but I think I've tried most. In collage now Im ripped I can even fight. Thats new. I thought my life was better all I did was lying to be just like my friends. Im gonna give you an example I was driving BMW but all the motherfuckers had porches and range rovers. I did have friends have fucking helicopters when they wanna use it. I know having BMW is pretty good for lots of people. People can't find water to drink goddamn. But I was nobody comparing to them because our fucking society is so fucking obsessed with appearance I didn't know what to do at that times. Im not gonna go into more details and gonna straight jump in the topic. I don't even if even a person sees this but I just feel like express myself to an another energy.

    Later on at first some years I had crazy experiences with drugs I was having the time of my life. I was respected I was doing whatever I want where ever I want. Atleast I thought in that way. I was partying being the wanted guy. Funny guy. Things were going really great. But I didn't have enough money to catch up with my friends. When I had money I was like a king when I don't I was depressed like crazy. Years went on I've started gambling because thats the only way I could spent a thousand a night. Like my drugs experience that went pretty well at first. I was winning. Than of course inevitable happened in some time. Now Im addicted both gambling and drugs. Later on I lost something like my family could earn in 5 or 6 years. They paid somehow. I was getting hammered up every night and they were working their asses to pay my debt. I thought I was doing what it takes to be happy when I wasn't doing drugs now my anxiety gone really fucking worse. I was lying to everybody just to keep my status. I was just lost.

    Like everyfucking story of this one has a girl too :(

    Long story short I've met a girl that was completely out my league this time she was a little famous. Fucking instagrammer. I did have like 500 followers and she had like 150k. This fucking time It was really out my fucking league. And back than having 150k followers wasn't normal like now. Actually I didn't wanted gave you this detail but everybody fucking loves instagram I had to. I hate the fucking app because of her. Anyway I dated her 3 years and just like my story all I did was being fake. I thought I never loved her because she was more insecure than me. I can't believe how fake she was. At first I thought I'll get all the girls If I keep dating her. And the surprising thing was she was crazy on me. She loved me obbesively. All I thought was I would leave her and get more girls when time comes. But then the worst thing happened I fall in love with her attention. She had fucking fans texting me every morning my ınstagram was blowing up. Then I see a little fucking bit of how makes you feel. I thought It was the best thing. It was all fake too.

    Now Im in deep in drugs, addicted to gambling loosing even more and failed in love to this stupid fucking girl. All she think about what people think about her. I had so much emptiness in me. I had no goal. I did get fat. She did left me. Now she is dating my favorite team's players. Her fans are texting me all day to try to get me. I've lost it. I get more in to drugs. I remember times having scars in my body just because abusing drugs. I've lost everything my simple my mind thought I had.

    After 2 years of abusing drugs and ruining my and my families life. Having anxiety attacks. Two times pyschosis. Crying everyday thinking Im worthless. Im nothing. Thinking about people fucking my girl getting panic attacks everyday. I mean I did nothing in life really not fucking a thing. I left home and only thing I did was abuse my soul and body. Darkness is the best way I could describe it. I was so close to suicide. It was like impossible to get hook off and do anything about me. Then I've met MEDİTATİON.

    It's been a year. I am off drugs. Only one joint before sleep. Meditation gave me the strength that I need. I started exercising again. Im both trying to finish collage and work and do fitness everyday. One year ago I was thinking best thing for me was to die. I've learned how to study. How to be alone. Because Im being alone only thing I did was to be better version of me. I tried to do everything. Read books, run, go to work come home eat clean like this was impossible for me. All my life all I did was wanting everything and doing nothing about it. When I saw I could do things man It feel great. It gives me courage to do more things and more I understand about my mind more strong I was becoming. Im talking about mental strength. And I saw there is a energy in me and It is limitless. I trying to learn how to focus on things. And if you really focus on a thing if you really believe it its yours.

    Now this is the happiest part of my life. Every fucking day Im busting my ass to be a better version of me. Im not ashamed of my self anymore. Lol actually when I smoked weed I still have some anxiety issues too. I can't really get rid of it. But I gotta feeling that I've got some progress and It really keeps me motivated and happy. Im still wanting everything in life but now Im doing something about it. Im being me Im not being fake. Im just doing what could I do to be better. And helps with my anxiety for a little bit. This is the first time I feel like Im in peace sometimes.

    submitted by /u/lysergicaretta
    [link] [comments]

    How to Meditate: Steps for Beginners

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 10:50 PM PDT

    How do I recognize of I am meditating and not just doing nothing? Sometimes I feel slightly different, but usually I am thinking mostly about this question. I keep focusing on my breath and nothing but not sure if I do it right.

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 11:25 AM PDT

    New and have some basic questions

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 09:44 PM PDT

    I've tried to figure this out on my own and can't find my exact issue anywhere.

    Thank you in advance for any advice. I feel myself conflating distance (with my own thoughts) with what I image mindfulness is supposed to be. But when I read about other people experiences and efforts this doesn't seem correct. I feel like I have a lot of control over my thoughts, including the ability to tune out of them, but that doesn't make me feel grounded, or more aware, but actually less so, like I'm tuning out. I realized this, when getting some particularly painful tattoos, I was sort of taking a mental exit and choosing not be present for the physical sensations. I do this with emotions and thoughts under the idea it is mindfulness. Can someone help me understand the nuances or differences, and how to redirect my efforts?

    submitted by /u/owowow1011
    [link] [comments]

    For people who have done Meditation for years, Have you attained peace? How do you describe peace?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 11:55 PM PDT

    Is peace an acceptance of everything without any judgment? A mindset where your mind has distanced itself emotionally from everything. Such that, you become an observer of your own mind, with a state emerging where there is an extra filter increasing your abilities of self-control and will-power?

    submitted by /u/jayptheone
    [link] [comments]

    Huge mental gains (and body sparkles!) technique and boom rec in post

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 11:37 PM PDT

    A few nights ago, I had a dream in which someone was talking to me about Jhanas. I've seen the word around, knew it related to meditation, but didn't give it much thought until I casually mentioned it to someone else on Reddit. They recommended I buy this book called "Right Concentration: a practical guide to the jhanas" by Leigh Brasington. If you're like me and have gotten most of your meditation info from random internet articles, YouTube videos, and peer to peer communication, I HIGHLY suggest this book.

    I have had more progress in the past WEEK than I have this LAST YEAR in my meditation practice. I've become pretty decent at focusing my attention on the breath and catching my mind wandering, but I felt lately like I hit a wall. Until THIS BOOK!

    Quick run down of my technique so far: sustained focus on the sensations of breath in and out of my nostrils specifically. Colors begin swirling in my eyelids after a bit, this passes eventually and settles into a vague lightness. (Both of these are basically signs of deepening concentration btw) My focus and peripheral awareness become quite deep at this point and my mind quite placid. I'll start noticing this vague pleasant tingling in localized parts of my body (my hands, legs, head etc) that reminds me of a faint electrical buzz. I switch from focusing on the breath to focusing on this pleasant buzz. Eventually, it grows stronger and spreads throughout my body while also making me feel quite happy. It feels like my body is sparkling internally—like I'm fully aware of the incredible aliveness of my being, of my cells. I've come out of it extremely giddy a couple times, like i just hit a dooby. Pretty cool. Ive felt strongly during other meditations, but not so much like this.

    The book says the first Jhana is very intense, idk if I'm there right now. It feels great, but it's definitely not more intense than I can handle, which apparently does happen to ppl. I usually get all excited and start anticipating what could happen instead of maintaining focus and dropping expectations. I love intensity in general, so idk if I've made it to the first one or not. If you know anything about jhanas, advice is appreciated. The book says this is what vipassana (insight) meditation is, moving thru the 4 jhanas until one is completely calm and serene. Then you inquire about the nature of reality or whatever else you want. I plan on utilizing this to figure out my purpose/life plan. And which ponies to bet on at the track lol. (Jk)

    I will say that this past week of me doing this particular thing for approx one hour a day seems to have made some decent progress already. Example: My husband forgot my birthday today. Usually I'd have a pity party and feel like my day was ruined (been there done that unfortunately—bad history w birthdays) but today I decided to meditate instead of ruminate. I got to the "body sparkle" phase and realized how much holding onto the negativity was hurting me. The simple act of letting go of an itch led me to just drop my agitation, forgive and forget. I knew I could count on the inner sensation to help me feel better, instead of seeking outside validation like I would have in even the recent past. A week isn't long, I know. But the results I've gotten from this book and this technique have been superb.

    Also it's concrete proof how powerful the mind is.... I had no idea how truly AMAZING meditation could feel. This is absolutely next level stuff here and worth checking out it you're a beginner or even intermediate.

    Hope you found this useful!

    submitted by /u/AmbrrrGrrr_310
    [link] [comments]

    High Strangeness

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 07:31 PM PDT

    I've been listening to a lot of guided meditation videos lately, and every time it's the exact same thing: I blink out, go wholly unconscious, and then I come to when the video is wrapping up. There is zero sense of any time having passed, zero experience of anything of any kind. No massive joy, no pain, just absolute blank nothingness. Like I stopped existing for the time of the video. It is most frustrating. Any idea what's going on, and what to do about it?

    submitted by /u/CMalcheski
    [link] [comments]

    Quick coherence

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 02:34 AM PDT

    I found this method of heart and mind coherence on gaia I thought I'd share it. It's been unbelievably useful for me. -Slow your breathing -Imagine you're breathing in and out through a hole in the center of your chest -whilst continuing the breath and visualisation bring forth an emotion of gratitude, compassion, forgiveness or just good old love to the mix. (This is easily done by bringing a person you love into your heart or a loved pet or even a past experience where you felt one of those high vibrational emotions) -feel that emotion and stick with the breath for about 30 seconds

    You can do this before a meeting, meditation, family discussion, or even in the toilet (pretty much anywhere). The more you practice the more likely your heart and mind with work in harmony with each other throughout your days.

    Love you all!

    submitted by /u/MahoganyPlexus
    [link] [comments]

    ** EXPERIENCES W AHH MEDITATION**

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 02:20 AM PDT

    Hi All !!

    Does anyone have experiences / observations doing the "Ah Meditation" popularized by W. Dyer - given by Sai Baba ( although I've seen other gurus speak of it on YT).

    I've been doing it sporadically for many years. I had some amazing, almost frightening experiences from doing it initially, that made me stop for some years.

    I began using it again, almost for an entire year to the day, and haven't quite gotten back to the phenomenal results I attained from initially doing it.

    Wondering if anyone has experience w it??

    Best,

    submitted by /u/fjr44
    [link] [comments]

    Great Rumi Quote....

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 08:04 AM PDT

    I'm reposting this because it got buried.....

    "Sit, be still, and listen,because you're drunk and we're at the edge of the roof."― Rumi

    I came across this quote today and it really spoke to me so I wanted to share it with you.

    We go through life drunk.....drunk on our thoughts, our stories, our ideas of who and what we are....of our limits....of our boundaries...what we like and don't like. We are at the edge of the roof, ready to fall off any second because of our feelings, our reactions, our thoughts about ourselves.

    Rumi asks us to sit....to be still....and to listen

    It's easy to get lost in the ecstasy or the pain while we are at the edge of bliss or fear- we can pontificate, we can cry out, we can go on a thousand different emotional rants and welcome hysteria....and we can fall

    OR

    We can sit...we can be still....we can listen. Who is the one who is listening? Who is the one who is still and who is sitting?

    Be patient, open yourself up to the thoughts, sounds, feelings and let them flow through you rather than get caught up in them. Your mind is racing a million miles a second filled with beautiful, terrifying, peaceful, and chaotic things you never even chose.

    Do we stumble around or do we sit?

    We are at the edge of the roof

    submitted by /u/jfcelano
    [link] [comments]

    Describing some subtle “flashes” of insight through the mundane days

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 02:00 PM PDT

    1. I go to work, i got home. Work, home, work, hime, work, home...beach, video games, random karmas etc, work, home...there is an emptiness here. I can barely feel it. Its not depressing, just...hrmm. Like a microcosmic DISPLAY of arising and passing nature. A small keyhole with wind blowing through that whispers "youll never be satisfied...."...hahahahaha

    2. Memory....and thoughts of the future. I think, "i want a passport before they quarantine this whole place, but obstacles!" Or "I want/need more capital/income!" Immediately a kind of energy motion comes...its dampening. It basically subdues these thoughts. Wisdom or 5g demiurge programming?

    3. I got here because i was born, did a bunch of things, made some decisions, and here i am...right? Except something feels off. It feels as if ill be "here" forever. Or at least until i dont attract it anymore. Im so enamored with here though, anything that brings to the reality not being "here" seems scary.

    4. The urge to...indulge in sexual stimulation has been...attenuated. However it is still raw, unkept, powerful, spiritually immense - as if it wasnt my urge at all but some power associated with my being at this time. or perhaps it is a mirror reflection of JUST HOW MUCH I WANT TO RECREATE "now" and the physical materials and pleasures?

    5. The formula seems simple. The object to come to mundane jhana doesnt even seem to matter. Once consciousness has been shifted somewhat, look at reality with eyes unclouded by hate and greed. During waking hours i try to do this yet...i am still chasing things to do in my mind. I do feel tiny micro changes though...something is working, yet it is illusive truly what that thing is. It isnt a formula...

    submitted by /u/rpcrazy18
    [link] [comments]

    Can meditation help you get better at crying?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 10:44 AM PDT

    I've been trying to increase my vulnerability and depth of feeling, but every time I get close to crying my brain starts chatting "yes! You're so close. You're gonna cry. Just focus on that." Or things like it, and then the feeling of crying goes away.

    I'd like to be able to feel a little more, and have a small cry when it's appropriate. Even just a few tears would make me feel wonderful.

    Is mediation something that can help with that? I've done a number or guided meditations, but whenever I do them in silence on my own I struggle to last more than 5 minutes, and honestly by minute 2 I'm already thinking about all the things I need to do when I'm done.

    What are ways to improve your meditation practice? How can a person learn to be more vulnerable? What are tricks for staying present and out of your head?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Osellic
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to Figure Out Why I Am So Angry - Guided Meditation Recommendations (Anything Really)

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 11:22 AM PDT

    Hey, Everyone!

    My anger isn't extreme, but I know I need to get to the root of it so I can be more compassionate towards myself and others. When I am fearful I know it is because I am angry. There must be a reason for this but I feel as if I am blocking it out. My past probably plays a big part as it was highly traumatic (abuse, parents drug addicts. homeless) for me. I had to shut off my emotions and isolate myself to protect the good in me. I am ready to let go. My heart feels it's time to put this to rest so I can be the best version of me. The work I have done so far has been great. My husband has noticed a difference in me!

    Meditation has helped me in many ways, but I know in my heart that I need to dig up the roots of my anger. I am ready for it.

    Thank you for your recommendations in advance ♥

    submitted by /u/IcyContour
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone help this poor guy who cant be able to properly since 2 years :'(

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 07:59 PM PDT

    Hey please tell me which kind of meditation is Best for mind relaxation because tomorrow is my main Maths Exam help Emergency ! ! And all the problem is because my doctor said that mattress always matters for me and that thing suck MY SLEEP QUALITY IS BAD THAN YOURS Smh :'(

    submitted by /u/DopamineReseter
    [link] [comments]

    If I'm practicing being in the now I feel like I'm ignoring thoughts.... This is very confusing for me as I'm told to watch the thoughts not ignore them.... I basically find it impossible to stay in the now and watch the thoughts... Hope this makes some sense to somebody out there

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 03:37 PM PDT

    Best Meditation Apps for What YOU Need

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 09:54 AM PDT

    I was looking through the posts here and couldn't find any like this, so forgive me if this has been made already. I'm thinking it would be useful to everyone to have a breakdown of all the different meditation apps. I'd like to give people an idea of what app might be best suited for their needs. I'll start and put down all of the information I've gathered through my time on the apps, then if anyone would like to add to that, we could make a pretty comprehensive list.

    Calm: This app has had a recent update which allows you to use some exercises and meditations through your Apple Watch. They've also brought in some celebrity voice talent from people like LeBron James, Matthew McConaughey and Jerome Flynn. In my personal experience, there didn't seem to be much that was accessible to free users on this app. I quickly ran out of new meditations and exercises. If you're willing to pay the $70 annually, then I think this is the best quality app. The user interface is beautiful and calming, hence the name.

    When you first open the app, it asks you to take a deep breath. Then, calming nature sounds play softly in the background while you search for your next meditation. They have sections for Quick & Easy, Mental Fitness, Sleep Stories, Meditations, Music, and Recent Daily Calms on your Home Page. Tabs at the bottom allow you to dive deeper into the Sleep, Meditate, and Music sections. Its worth mentioning that a lot of what you see in those sections is locked until you purchase the subscription.

    They also have more categories that are a little more hidden on the app, including Calm Kids, Calm Masterclass, Calm Body, and a Breathing Exercise. Like most apps, they also keep track of your total sessions, meditation minutes, and your longest day streak. They have a nice calendar with your history on it so you can remember what you've done in the past.

    EDIT: Someone mentioned Tamara Levitt having the best voice of all the guided meditations on this app. Check her out!

    Headspace: This app has a white/orange color scheme (unless you're on the sleep section) that is a little less "calming" then the Calm app. That's just my opinion, though, and it doesn't really matter. The Calm app is a darker blue/purple theme, for those wondering. What Headspace lacks in visual appeal, they more than make up for in content. They have a lot of visual content (videos and short, animated series before courses) that I find very useful and informative, especially for beginners looking to learn more about meditation. I particularly enjoyed their free beginners course. It taught me a lot about what to expect and how to approach meditation when I first started. Headspace has a lot in common with Calm in that most things are locked until you pay for "Headspace Plus" which costs the same $70 per year that Calm does.

    One thing I noticed about Headspace was their Move section which is filled with workouts. They have quick workouts, mindful cardio, travel day workouts, stress release workouts and more. Again, most of these are locked until you purchase the subscription.

    This app apparently builds personalized plans based on a little input from you. I haven't used it enough to see that, but I did see they have a "Recommended for you" section so I tend to believe it. They have a lot of different sections to choose from and it seems like they have something for everybody. Whether you're looking to improve your performance mindset, personal growth, work & productivity, stress & anxiety, sleep, kids & parenting, life challenges, sports, physical health or if you're a student, they have something for you.

    Insight Timer: This is the app I've decided to keep on my phone for the foreseeable future and that is because it has the most available meditations for free users (over 35,000 free meditations). They make sure everyone knows this and is their key marketing line so you may have already heard it, but more meditation is practiced on Insight Timer than anywhere else. They also have 10 or more free guided meditations added every day. There is also more of a community on this app, although I haven't personally tested that out. They have discussion groups you can join and I think that could be very useful for many of us. I also like that they have a world map of how many people are currently on their app at the time you're on it. That makes you feel less alone.

    They have stuff for sleep, guided meditations (what I use most often), courses, music, stuff for kids, beginners, a mindful practice made specifically for each day of the year, talks, and more. They have these categories laid out on their search page: Learning to Meditate, Coping with Anxiety, Managing Stress, Improve Your Sleep, Mindfulness at Work, Improving Relationships, Boosting Your Self-Esteem and For Your Mornings.

    I'm not 100% certain about this, but I think the only thing you would pay for on this app would be to support the teachers that upload their meditations (and the app developers themselves). Everything else seems to be accessible to everyone.

    EDIT: Some people have pointed out that the sheer volume on IT can be overwhelming. Also, having 35,000 meditations doesn't mean they are all high quality. You may need to go through a few until you find one that's good for you. Also, the paid version allows you to download meditations and listen to them offline (super useful!) and allows you to take courses. The paid version also supports the teachers who provide the meditations / courses used on IT.

    EDIT: Some other apps mentioned since creating this post are 1 Giant Mind, Sattva & Plum Village. Both 1 Giant Mind and Sattva have received high praises so far. 1 Giant Mind is said to be the essence of Transcendental Meditation, but 100% free. I will expand on these as I do my research and as people provide their experiences in using the apps.

    If anyone has information on other apps (I know there are a lot out there), that would be awesome!

    submitted by /u/WIMToday
    [link] [comments]

    I feel like being an asshole pays off most times

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 07:37 AM PDT

    So this is very much a dilemma that i consistently run into in all aspects of life.

    When trying to succeed at work or land a good job, I feel like most of the time you get the desired results by being slick/manipulative, super selfish and putting your own interests first. I see people around me get acknowledgement and succeed in their career by implementing these strategies and being driven by their ego. Ie. being in meetings and saying insignificant stuff that they don't really mean, selling out their own values etc., just to please bosses. I myself work in a high-stress environment, and I've noticed that my attempts to be kind and mindful of others most times are mistaken for being weak and insecure.

    When dealing with companies: I was just on the phone with my internet provider that were about to fuck me over for a few bills that I was not obligated to pay, and it wasn't until I rasied my voice, got a little pissed and direct with the poor girl in customer service that she actually listened to me.

    Some years ago, the same internet provide installed my internet poorly. Long story, but the wifi was useless in the one place where I actually needed it. When I called them up, humble and kind, asking if they could maybe help me out, they just blew me off. But when I formulated an angry letter to them later, it got the job done.

    In dating: Acting like you don't care too much even though you do, maybe playing a bit hard to get - in other words being sort of manipulative - often seem to be a solid strategy to getting closer to a person that you fancy.

    On the other hand, I've spend 7 years on the path trying to let go of ego, just be and relate to people in a more authentic way.

    But it seems like we live in a society where we sort of have to dial up our inner asshole to actually get to a place where we can thrive. Not because it's necessarily the "right" thing to do, but because most people are conditioned in a way that they respond well to that sort of behaviour.

    Before hand I've told myself that the peaceful way is the only way. Maybe I've tried to convince myself not to go these "bad" routes by saying: "well, these people may get their desired short term results, but their act is gonna haunt them later" or "but they'll just keep wanting more and more and they'll never be happy, so that's not a sustainable way of living".

    And maybe that's right. Or maybe the simple fact is that we need to learn to work with what we've got, and it just so happens that we've got a society that is made by and for our small mind, not our big mind. But maybe we can navigate it balanced and skillfully, dialing up the asshole when needed.

    I'd just like to hear other peoples thought on it, thought it could lead to an interesting discussion

    submitted by /u/olorte
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else feel like negative thought tendencies/suffering is almost like an illness/immunity situation?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 10:29 AM PDT

    This is going to be very hard to describe, but hear me out:

    I've been meditating daily for a bit over a year.

    Several months ago, I was constantly suffering--constantly in a state of fear, despair, unease. This was brought about by some traumas/psychedelic experiences. There have been moments of such intense suffering that I felt moments "pull" my ego through, and change it from within.

    Anyways, thanks to mindfulness practices, I no longer suffer near as often, but I do have days/tendencies, such as this week, where all of a sudden I found myself suffering again, perhaps due to an ADHD medication I took, or cannabis, and I rarely use substances nowadays. I had old OCD tendencies return, I was fearing again. With this mentioned, I have tools now to rationalize even when suffering.

    My point is: we go through suffering over a particular reason. In my instances, I'm rarely aware of the true reason until after the fact. This is like a illness, or a virus if you want an analogy. When you experience the pain, embrace the pain, eventually you grow from the pain, and the same source of that specific pain you are (probably) immune to, as long as you integrate your experience.

    Don't know if this sounds like hippy bullshit or not. All I know is that I'm attaining more and more spiritual moments, and my suffering seems to be bringing me on a spiritual path which I could not have fathomed a year ago. I even interpret suffering differently. Just wondering if this makes sense to anyone.

    submitted by /u/egolesstime
    [link] [comments]

    I keep getting this sensation that everything is watching me. Like everything is awareness. Even inanimate objects.

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 11:56 AM PDT

    Anyone else experience this?

    submitted by /u/408me
    [link] [comments]

    Is this normal?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 10:17 AM PDT

    So i've started meditating for a couple of months on and off. My whole life i've been surpressing my feelings and now i'm meditating suddenly i feel a lot of feelings i've never felt before. I've meditated in the past for a while and it gave me more rest back then. I was also able to get into deeper meditation but i'm not able to so right now. Whenever i go to deep i get to stressed and stop.

    Now i suddenly get angry when someone says something and i feel criticed. This has to do with my past i think. Normally i would not feel this emotion, or at least i could control it or something like that. But now when i'm meditating i get angry and afterwards i start crying but don't feel relieved.

    I;m not in the most stable period of my life so maybe this is causing it?

    Anyone has got some advice if i'm doing it right or should i stop meditating?

    submitted by /u/BizarPhenomenom
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment