Meditation: Small achievement: meditated for 2hrs and shifted from self-pity mentality to total peace and calm mind |
- Small achievement: meditated for 2hrs and shifted from self-pity mentality to total peace and calm mind
- The Headspace app has gone to shit. I'm moving over to Insight Timer.
- Does anyone notice Caffeine limits the ability to stay in the present?
- Disassociation while meditating?
- Flashbacks.
- Meditation creating a non-judgmental mind?
- I have severe sleep problems all my life. I'm afraid of the moment you fall to sleep and lose consciousness. After years of dealing with it by taxing my body, and going to sleep at extremely late hours, I started using music instead
- How to feel excited like a child again
- How to get over past mistakes and finally move the fuck on?
- What does it mean to “let go” for you?
- If I shouldn't believe everything in my thoughts, what do I believe then ?
- How do I train my mind to be more focused, less easily distracted, and to find inner peace?
- First time meditating
- I have no idea how to meditate
- The mind is a formless octopus
- Mononucleosis
- "floaty" feelings when meditating
- Im naturally a compassionate person but the last few years i feel myself becoming angry, aggressive & less patient with others. How do i find my old self again?
- Some quick advice to handle distractions
- More anxiety after Mediation
- Letting your thoughts flow but not letting them control you?
- Interview With Eran, a Man Whole Left It All Behind and Fully Embraced His Spiritual Awakening
- Does anyone else see something while they meditate
- What could happen if 3 million people thought about the same thing at the same time for half an hour? What could 3 million people achieve in 15 minutes?
| Posted: 05 Mar 2020 09:11 AM PST I recorded all my thoughts and the shift in my thinking. My goal was to find if meditation made any difference. Yesterday was a pretty bad day for me - at work all my hard work was belittled as nothing, at home family was at peak of narcissism. Here is the timeline: 5am - woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. Kept thing about yesterday's events again and again. 5.25am - was crying, feeling down and depressed. 5.30am - decided to meditate. Anyways I was just lying and thinking therefore decided to sit up and close my eyes just to analyze my thoughts. I wanted to experiment and make it like a small project. 5.47am - for 17 minutes I was able to close my eyes and sit still. However my mind was not still. I had so many thoughts coming and going, but I did not control them or stop them. I just let them pass by. All the thoughts were negative and I was recollecting only the bad memories. 6.02am - the next 15 minutes was full of random thoughts as well , however now it was positive thoughts. The thoughts that I recollected now were making me happy. Some were happy times with friends, some funny YouTube videos which made me smile or laugh and so on. 6.05am - decided to open my eyes and change the type meditation. I wanted to have a still mind with no thoughts. Browsed for information and tried "mantra" meditation. Within 2 mins(approximately since now I was not noting down the time) my mind went into a state where there was no thoughts, and slowly I started noticing my breath , which was very short and rapid. I tried some deep breaths and then there was just peace and calm. I was very happy to be in that state, I have never been without any thoughts at all. After 20 mins, I decided to try another meditation "trataka" . I looked into an image of candle and was gazing at it . I was able to hold still my body, my eyes and my thoughts for up to 10 minutes. Then I continued for another 15 minutes. Finally when I finished, I felt totally different from the person who woke up crying. Now, I have no attachments , no anxious feelings, no negative thoughts. My mindset has gone from feeling self-pity and depressed to moving on and letting go. All the negative thoughts have shrunk so that they are not dominating me anymore. I am going to continue meditating everyday. All this time I made up some excuse to avoid meditating, but now I truly started believing in meditation. [link] [comments] |
| The Headspace app has gone to shit. I'm moving over to Insight Timer. Posted: 05 Mar 2020 04:02 PM PST It used to be a great app, but now there are bugs everywhere. The new UI (while not the best), I can get used to. But I can't get used to the app always crashing, signing me out, deleting my downloads and not even letting me download some meditations. I have a good internet connection (around 100-120 Mbps) but I still experience a lot of buffering. I mean it's just an audio file, not a 4k video. I can watch long 4k HDR videos on YouTube without any buffering, so why does it happen a lot on Headspace? To solve this problem, I have decided to download the packs I'm on. But what's the point if it will automatically delete itself in a few days? I have around 60 GB free space on my phone. There's no reason for it to delete. And even if I didn't have enough free space, it wouldn't have downloaded in the first place Headspace wasn't always like this. I started using the app in 2017 and it was perfect. I knew this was going to be the meditation app I'm going to use for the next three years or so. It looked clean and professional; it was easy to navigate. And most importantly, it worked! I don't understand. What happened? [link] [comments] |
| Does anyone notice Caffeine limits the ability to stay in the present? Posted: 05 Mar 2020 12:27 PM PST Eckhart Tolle's video on Staying Present Hey guys, nice to talk to you today. After battling with intrusive thoughts and a constant inner monologue associated with ADD/ADHD, I have spent the past few years focusing on teachings of consciousness and meditation, with the practice mixed in as well. Off and on I have tried to meditate with caffeine, however, I notice that days and weeks fly by without me even noticing I was out of the present. I recently watched a talk by Eckhart Tolle, which I've linked above, where he speaks os staying present. I've never watched anything by him before, but it's apparent to me how 'present' and aware he is. He is taking true time with everything he says, every movement he makes. But there was one idea he spoke of that really stuck with me. Tolle spoke about how we have levels of awareness and levels of consciousness vs unconsciousness, and how being upset or reminded of pain, "triggered", your full awareness is clouded and you drop into a sub-personality that you have created at that level of consciousness. We have different personalities at each level of unconsciousness. This is why some people are very genuine and connecting on some days and possibly obnoxious on others. I bring this up because I think that caffeine causes me to drop into a level of unconsciousness, for sometimes days and weeks at a time. I have been struggling with caffeine on/offs for years now, and I think I am going to go back to fully off. Does anyone else notice the effect of caffeine on the present mind, or how they get racing, anxious thoughts from it? I am truly interested in what you guys have experienced with caffeine and meditation specifically. Also, does anyone know if people who had dedicated their lives to meditation, do they drink caffeine? Is green tea or black tea a better alternative than coffee for my awareness? [link] [comments] |
| Disassociation while meditating? Posted: 05 Mar 2020 11:42 PM PST Alright folks so dissociation seems to have been a recurring theme for me for the past some years. I've been meditating on and off for a few years. Often after the practice, or sometimes during it, I feel weird in the sense that is similar to how I feel after I've been in an intense argument with someone. After some research, I've come to realise that "that feeling" (post argument) is my mind dissociating. I feel similarly during/after meditating. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Any pointers at all as to what might the reason be? Just looking for some clarity. Thanks! [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 05 Mar 2020 10:53 PM PST So I've been meditating daily for a little less than a year and this past few days I've had so many flashbacks from my childhood. Not just in meditation but throughout the day. Anyone with similar experiences? How you go about it? Good vibes to you. [link] [comments] |
| Meditation creating a non-judgmental mind? Posted: 06 Mar 2020 01:02 AM PST Been getting back into meditating recently after a fair while off, been around a month everyday now and been loving it. Yesterday I was in a supermarket and became aware of what my mind was doing, and I noticed how non-judgemental it was. Usually in these situations surrounded by people I would be looking and judging people, not necessarily negatively judging but just generally making assumptions about people. I noticed, not that my mind was empty, but that this wasn't occurring, people were just people and I was just there. I also noticed how I wasn't judging myself, how I looked or what I was doing etc. Is this normal? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 05 Mar 2020 03:24 AM PST This is a playlist I made that really helps prepare my brain for sleep time. 6 hours of magical instrumental tracks. Some harp, melancholic piano, some somber guitar really beautiful tracks. https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6Jn0ccZ2enSFvJQ3tZse2H?si=8it_LlXGSCq3Wgn8Z_raeQ I'm sure you'll enjoy it, and I update frequently. [link] [comments] |
| How to feel excited like a child again Posted: 06 Mar 2020 12:08 AM PST I been into spirituality for about 7years and meditating for 5, I feel these last couple of years my life is numb and living a mundane life with no life goals, before getting into spirituality I would have life goals and would occasionally get excited about things, now days I live in the present moment and practice the art of nothingness. I do have mild depression and low level social anxiety no thoughts of suicide or anything like that, I am self employed and work from home, for hobbies I ride my bicycle, read books, trail run (my therapy), occasionally backpack and take long motorcycle rides. [link] [comments] |
| How to get over past mistakes and finally move the fuck on? Posted: 05 Mar 2020 04:26 PM PST It's so hard for me. I feel like if I get over one thing, I do some other dumb shit and I start thinking about that. Solution? Stop doing dumb shit, which I have lol. It's been hard to admit, but I'm doing it on here. I am an addict and being an addict has caused me a lot of shame. So I'm viewing the world from low energy fields. I know why I am. And I'm taking the necessary steps to heal myself. But it's just so hard for me to get over the shit I've done. Or the "damn if anyone finds out then I'll never be able to do anything worthy with my life." I'm just tired of viewing life from fear. Mindfulness is helping me but I fear that the more I think about my past mistakes, the more the universe is going to present me with the same obstacles since that is all I keep thinking about. Even now that I write this out it sounds foolish because I know I have a way better grasp of my situation than I've had before. But every now and then, my past creeps up and I'm filled with regret. I've been meditating at least 30 minutes everyday since October. So, it has gotten A LOT better but it's still difficult to move on and forget everything I've done. [link] [comments] |
| What does it mean to “let go” for you? Posted: 05 Mar 2020 10:44 PM PST Regarding thoughts or emotions. Do you talk with yourself and saying "Go away bad thought, i don't need you right now"? Or what? [link] [comments] |
| If I shouldn't believe everything in my thoughts, what do I believe then ? Posted: 05 Mar 2020 02:38 PM PST I'm confused from reading commens of others in this thread saying you shouldn't believe every thoughts (but should not ignore since thoughts are also part of you). Now what do I believe in then ? If I were to think that stealing is okay, what should make me to believe it or not ? [link] [comments] |
| How do I train my mind to be more focused, less easily distracted, and to find inner peace? Posted: 05 Mar 2020 02:36 PM PST It's kind of hard to describe what it is I'm looking for. I'm Muslim, so I already pray five times a day. However, even in my prayers, I find myself constantly distracted, unfocused, and having to bring my attention back to the actual prayers themselves. My mind tends to drift off into random thoughts. It's the same thing that occurs to me at school and in class. I cannot even sit in my class for about ten minutes before my mind starts to drift. Our classes are an hour and fifteen minutes and I'd say more often than not I'm thinking about something else and am constantly having to try to bring myself back to the topic at hand. The last goal I'm looking to achieve is inner peace. I find that I usually let little things get to me and think the worst. It's a little bit like inner-doom. It's hard to describe it exactly but I'll give you a little example. Whenever I figure out that I have an exam coming up, I instantly become negative and start imagining myself failing it and imagining how bad my life sucks when I have a terrible job and have to drop out of school. Then, once again, I constantly am in a state of battling this negative energy and trying to bring my mind back to more healthy and positive thoughts. I was thinking that meditation could mediate some of these issues but I'd like to ask those of you who are more experienced with meditation what your experiences are like and whether or not you feel that doing meditation can help me. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 05 Mar 2020 10:02 PM PST So it was the first time I actually meditated and I feel good.. I know I'm not great but I started crying and I know its a sign I was doing well... just wanted to see if anyone had some video recommendations on mediation for beginners? [link] [comments] |
| I have no idea how to meditate Posted: 05 Mar 2020 09:13 PM PST I have a lot of trouble not zoning out constantly. Awhile ago I did some guided meditations which seemed to work but I can only re listen to them a few times before they lose effect and meaning. Plus I want to just be able to mediate without those guides. I just can't focus on my breathing, I know i'm meant to acknowledge my random thoughts and move my mind off of it back to the breathing but I just struggle with it after multiple attempts. And the few times i've managed to focus on the breathing or just be completely loose and calm i've nearly dozed off just sitting up. If anyone could give me some advice on how to meditate i'd greatly appreciate it. [link] [comments] |
| The mind is a formless octopus Posted: 05 Mar 2020 07:34 AM PST Reaching its tentacles to sense objects, getting entangled, the mind consciousness follows the tentacle and gets lost in what's grasped. Meditation is to cut the tentacles of confusion and desire, leaving only present consciousness without object and without substantial reference point. The pure awareness knows all things equally, the octopus ego consciousness dies and knows itself to be equal to all things without the bounds of fixed position in dualistic concepts, space or time. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 05 Mar 2020 08:19 PM PST Has anyone here cured themselves of mono via meditation ? I am 6 months out from the acute phase and am experiencing debilitating fatigue. Doctors say there's nothing they can do. I keep coming across wim hof and joe dispensa and am curious if anyone's got over the mono fatigue with this? [link] [comments] |
| "floaty" feelings when meditating Posted: 05 Mar 2020 02:04 PM PST So "floaty" feelings when meditating? I have only been meditating for 3 weeks or so, and sometimes when I'm able to clear my mind(which I'm still having issues with) I sometimes feel like I'm floating, or like I'm surfing on a wave of some sort? Is this a common thing, has anybody else experienced this or am I just bluffing myself?? I would love to hear from this great community :)) [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 05 Mar 2020 07:58 PM PST |
| Some quick advice to handle distractions Posted: 05 Mar 2020 07:42 PM PST
[link] [comments] |
| Posted: 05 Mar 2020 03:46 PM PST I Dont know if I do something wrong but after I mediate I feel more anxiety and feel a bit outspaced than before . I'm only mediating for 10 minutes and since one week but yes I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or so. Should I continue to mediate? And is it good for everybody or should some kind of people not mediate. Sorry for my English I'm from Germany. [link] [comments] |
| Letting your thoughts flow but not letting them control you? Posted: 05 Mar 2020 07:30 PM PST So I have this question, when meditating I've learned that I must not try to force my mind to focus, instead observe my thoughts and gently guide it to focus on what ever I want, my question is how to do this without being too soft that my thoughts gain all my attention, and without being too strict that I start a battle against my mind that I always lose. I've been meditating daily for about 1 month but I feel that a lot of times I just sit and get lost in my own thoughts. [link] [comments] |
| Interview With Eran, a Man Whole Left It All Behind and Fully Embraced His Spiritual Awakening Posted: 05 Mar 2020 03:33 PM PST This week on the Them, That and This podcast, I talked to my friend Eran about his spiritual journey and awakening. Instead of settling for meditation classes and membership at a posh studio, he's made serious efforts to sustain his spiritual growth by leaving the city life behind and moving to the desert. It all started with an uneasy feeling and nine-month stint in Australia. Here's his journey [link] [comments] |
| Does anyone else see something while they meditate Posted: 05 Mar 2020 07:06 PM PST So I've only recently started meditating before bed (2 weeks or so) and every time I do I see in my head a sort of humanoid figure with a long neck (like kaminoanes if you've seen Star Wars) and it kind of talks to me like a therapist in my head (asking me questions and giving advice) I also don't consciously control what it says but I think I do subconsciously. Does this happen to anyone else (seeing any figure that you talk to) or am I just weird. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 05 Mar 2020 07:03 PM PST |
| You are subscribed to email updates from Meditation. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
No comments:
Post a Comment