Meditation: Why I stopped seeking for freedom |
- Why I stopped seeking for freedom
- Officially one week of meditation and wow I'm shocked
- It's fascinating to watch your emotions come and go...
- Anyone interested in joining a 21 day meditation group?
- Weed and Meditation
- Just added to "The Purpose of Meditation"
- After meditating since 2 years on and off (maybe once or twice a month) I decided to take it seriously this time.
- Can meditation repair your dna?
- Does meditation help you to be yourself?
- Length of your meditations?
- how to deal with anxiety & general unease that lingers in even though you are conscious of it only being there because you are identified with your mind?
- Everything turned grey and fuzzy - except the grass - and I wanted to end my chapter right there. Sober, open and closed eye meditation report.
- Mastering the mind starts with understanding it. Once you do, meditating becomes easier.
- Exploring difficulty meditation: why my brain denies bringing worrisome thoughts
- Help!
- Honest opinion after 9 months of meditation
- Boring
- The honeymoon phase spoiled me and now I'm lost without a paddle
- [Resource] Ambient music for meditation. These tracks incorporate elements from different styles for an enjoyable listening, while calming you down in a dreamy and peaceful atmosphere.
- What is the tingling/vibrating you feel all over the body?
- Counting during meditation?
- Meditation failure
- I started feeling Meditation changing my though patterns. But this week has been a "relapse".
- https://youtu.be/K0iRtZs8MPw Do this Meditation and there will be no karma in your world you will be free
- Children are in their own dimensions
| Why I stopped seeking for freedom Posted: 04 Mar 2020 06:02 PM PST Freedom has always been one of my top values in life. A huge part of why I began meditating was because I wanted to experience more emotional and psychological freedom. I have been mediating for about 4 years now. Not the most consistently, but I have logged many hours. It has been an incredible journey, something I am so glad I started, but admittedly, I have not experienced freedom the way I have hoped for. This week I experienced some particularly challenging swells of emotion. I was meditating today and became frustrated. Frustrated with myself, frustrated with meditation, frustrated that it has not helped me experience freedom the way I had hoped. Then it hit me... the realization... all of this time I have been prioritizing freedom. But, freedom from... Freedom from anxiety, freedom from fatigue, freedom from depression. In other words, I have, without realizing it, been hoping meditation would help me bypass my experience. Get away from it. Avoid it. I realized, it is not freedom that I need, but acceptance. Acceptance of anxiety, acceptance of fatigue, acceptance of depression. This is indirectly, the way to freedom. Not to go around or bypass our experience in life, but to face it head on. Embrace it. Go right through it. This is acceptance. I feel great about this understanding. There is nothing wrong with me or those experiences and by hoping to have freedom from them, I am rejecting myself. Signalling to myself that these are not okay. Anything you are aware of has already been accepted into reality. So trying to separate from it is a lost cause. The ego is very sneaky. Don't use meditation as a way to get away from yourself. Use it as away to accept yourself. If you can accept, embrace, love yourself and whatever you experience, you will never need to be free from it. And paradoxically, that is freedom. <3 [link] [comments] |
| Officially one week of meditation and wow I'm shocked Posted: 04 Mar 2020 03:00 AM PST I've been able to see life for what it is. My anxiety, including social, has almost completely dissipated. I dont fear my past anymore. I always feared the things that happened, specifically my ex who I loved deeply and I missed but i dont miss her anymore. I'm happy and thankful I received that 2months of pain, it was the most influential lesson I've ever had. I realised it was a lesson and without that lesson I would have never started this journey I am on. She was amazing in every way dont get me wrong but I'm glad we messed up, losing her was the last kick the universe gave me and it almost ended in the end of my life but I decided to take a different route because I'm in control. The universe is cruel yet for all the right reasons. I actually want to socialize, my personality has changed completely, I love everything. I've took control of my perception and realised all life is is a bunch of perceptions. It's not a bad day, it just wasnt as good as it could have been which is fine because we can evaluate that and learn from it. I can get out of bed, I can write music with a more clear mind and I can appreciate the smallest of things like this pencil in front of me, its red, made out of wood. That tree was fucking great and even after its death it's still useful. I've never been so happy, I cried at how beautifal life was yesterday, I never realised until that point. I can induce a lucid dream like state at any moment with 5mins. I can put my body in a sleep state with my mind aware in 5 mins too it's really great. Who's to say these dreams I have are any less real than what we consider reality? I realised fully how much happiness is success but success is not a value like money, we consider that success because we think the things money can buy will make us happy. Success seems to me being able to be happy? Your afraid of failure because you think failure will make you sad. Success is finding peace in your life while trying to better yourself. I know to take the path of materialistic success will make me unhappy so why not instead being at peace living what people would consider 'failure' because I can put the effort in for materialistic success but not only will it make me unhappy on the way I'll be stressful when I'm there. Sorry if it makes no sense it's hard to explain but I love all you guys have a great life [link] [comments] |
| It's fascinating to watch your emotions come and go... Posted: 04 Mar 2020 02:09 PM PST So the context of this may not matter to others but for me personally I've been going through a large change in my life this past 3 weeks. I started dating for the first time. Well 2nd if you don't count one ill fated attempt before, but this time there is definitely a spark between us. I've struggled with a my deamons my entire life and did not think myself either capable or worthy of this my entire life. I've stayed away from what my heart wants out of an abundance of fear and self hatred. I can trace most of this to mild childhood emotional neglect. At any rate all of this is neither here nor there except to paint a picture that for me anyway this is a huge new event and shift in my life. And with this it's by turns fascinating to watch my emotions bubble and boil like a storm. I still struggle a huge amount and not identifying with my feelings is a challenge. I often don't succeed. But even so it's amazing to notice shifts in my emotions and how such shifts change the entire tone of thoughts coming and going in my mind. For good portions of my day I've been terrified, my mind and body seem to be holding onto some hot coal. And with this the mental landscape of thoughts are of course negative, hopeless, fear filled thoughts. That or shame and self depricatory thoughts. I wish to run. And then someties quite out of the blue my mood will shift and a great calmness will descend over me and like the sun coming out from behind the clouds my thoughts become hopeful and optimistic. Back and forth these come and go like the tide ebbing and flowing on the beach. [link] [comments] |
| Anyone interested in joining a 21 day meditation group? Posted: 04 Mar 2020 08:03 PM PST Hi, I am on Day 5 of a 21 Day abundance meditation practice, and my task today is to create my own group. It's a Deepak Chopra thing, while I am not a huge fan I figured I have nothing to lose if it gets me on the cushion. This is Deepak Chopra's "21 Day Meditation," and is meant to support you in cultivating the habit of abundance. The tasks are shared exactly as provided by the program. The goal is to get to know yourself better, and change or clarify your beliefs and attitudes. We will work together to open the flow of abundance by committing to a 21 day practice. As you may already know, studies show it takes 21 days to form a new habit. Participating in this practice will also support you in realizing your blocks, fears and limiting beliefs in the area of abundance. As we realize these blocks, we can then actively work to heal them by opening up an infinite source of abundance. Every day there will be: - a published task - affirmation of the day - a Deepak Chopra meditation TIME COMMITMENT: -10 minutes for the meditation at a convenient time -15-20 minutes to complete the task of the day Here are the detailed instructions for our journey: ✨21 days of Abundance✨ This meditation is 21 days and Thursday, March 5th is day zero - the creation of the group and intentions. Rules and Arrangements:
This process is an opportunity to learn how to allocate time for yourself and your development every day. Have an awesome adventure! DAY 0 PHRASE: "Starting today, I constantly attract abundance with my thoughts" Write this phrase in your notebook and return to it several times, the more the better. Mahatma Gandhi taught us to remember our thoughts generate words, words generate actions, actions generate habits, habits generate character, and character breeds destiny. If you read all the rules and agree to follow them, please write in the comment "Day 0 Done." This will be a test of the fact that you are indeed interested in cultivating more from within. [19:29, 2/28/2020] Sarah Dolamore: DAY 0 PHRASE: "Starting today, I constantly attract abundance with my thoughts" Write this phrase in your notebook and return to it several times, the more the better. Mahatma Gandhi taught us to remember our thoughts generate words, words generate actions, actions generate habits, habits generate character, and character breeds destiny. If you read all the rules and agree to follow them, please write in the comment "Day 0 Done." This will be a test of the fact that you are indeed interested in cultivating more from within. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 04 Mar 2020 08:35 PM PST To what extent does marijuana impact a meditation session? Are there any benefits or drawbacks? [link] [comments] |
| Just added to "The Purpose of Meditation" Posted: 04 Mar 2020 11:27 PM PST In This Matter of Culture, Krishnamurti is quoted as saying, "Meditation is the process of understanding your own mind. If you don't understand your own thinking... whatever you think has very little meaning. Without the foundation of self-knowledge, thinking leads to mischief. Every thought has a significance; and if the mind is incapable of seeing the significance... or each thought as it arises, then merely to concentrate on a particular idea, image, or set of words -- which is generally called meditation -- is a form of self-hypnosis. "But if you want to examine every thought, if you want to see the content of it, then you will find that your thoughts slow down... and you can watch them. The slowing down of thinking and the examining of every thought is the process of meditation; and if you go into it, you will find that, by being aware of every thought, your mind -- which is now a vast storehouse of restless thoughts all battling against each other -- becomes very quiet, completely still. There is no urge, no compulsion, no fear... and it is in this stillness that which is true comes into being." "TPoM" may be seen in its entirety at this location on Reddit. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 04 Mar 2020 02:15 PM PST So currently I became vegetarian and I'm taking cold showers since December, I have dermatitis on most of my skin since more than 10 years and I'm doing the most the improve it since doctors won't help me. On Semen retention since 15 days and also I'm going to the gym since almost a year so sincerely I always desired to add meditation to my daily routine because in the past I observed that it helps a lot with my skin. I was scared to do it because I'm a quiet guy and I observed that it makes me more quiet but I made a post yesterday right here and someone managed to change my mind so now I'm into it since 5 days and trying to do it more than once a day, I'm sure this fear will fade away with time and will get out the best version I ever desired of myself; this morning I had some pretty vivid and long dreams so hope I'll get into lucid dreams or astral projection soon. Just one question to the community: when I meditate I always try to focus on the breath and have my mind clear but random thoughts will come and go, is that good or bad? [link] [comments] |
| Can meditation repair your dna? Posted: 05 Mar 2020 02:29 AM PST I see lots of healing frequiencies with dna repearing titles on youtube. Is that helpful? What are the exact benefits? [link] [comments] |
| Does meditation help you to be yourself? Posted: 04 Mar 2020 10:34 PM PST I have a big problem with people pleasing. It's almost subconscious, I filter myself intensely. I fear making people uncomfortable, even though I used to not care what people think. College has done a number on me. I think of things to say and shut it all down because it's not funny enough or clever, I feel like it may cross some sort of line. I fear that talking about myself will make the other people feel like I don't care about them. I never voice my own opinions. When someone says something biased I literally shift my thinking to match theirs so that I don't cause a disagreement. And even though I knew my original opinion, I will have convinced myself that the other person is right. My own ways of thinking are changing to accommodate others. I get serious anxiety in conversations because I fear that I will make the other person uncomfortable. I fear that my body language isn't the language they're looking for. I want to react in the way that they intend for me to. I am very aware that I am a people pleaser and a doormat and I have tried so hard to just be myself but it is so unbelievably hard to make this big of a change. I immediately feel awkward after saying what I want, even if the other person responds well I overthink and fail to make more conversation afterwards so it just goest silent and gets uncomfortable and then I pray I'd get swallowed by the Earth. I have tried meditating several times. I have only had a running streak of three days. I give up very easily if I don't see results and sitting in meditation makes me so uncomfortable. It's very hard for me to focus my attention away from my thoughts. Any time I think I have shifted my attention, I realize that I'm thinking about where my attention is and therefore focusing on my thoughts again. I am really hard on myself in meditation, it's almost impossible for me to not be, and I was afraid that I could be making the problem worse. Anyways, I would love some feedback on this because meditation seems to be the only thing that could help me. I am very anti-pill and cannot afford therapy. I just want to be myself again, unfiltered and weird but confident. I want to make genuine friends who like me and I want to like them. I want to be able to stand my ground and voice my opinions. And dance without feeling like I look weird and sing without thinking about my pitch. If meditation isn't the solution, what other options are there? I already know the basic "accept yourself" things. I need actual actions that I can practice to achieve that acceptance. Someone being like "just love yourself" is like "Just go buy a mansion", you can't just do it, you have to work for it. I need to know what work I need to put in. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 04 Mar 2020 12:50 PM PST Hey everyone, do you find (in general) that there are certain lengths of your meditations that are more effective at quieting your mind and putting you into a more open state? Eg, I typically meditate for 20 minutes in the morning but I find that a 45 minute mediation (in general) brings me to a far deeper meditative state. ☀️🙏🏼 [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 05 Mar 2020 01:17 AM PST They say to simply observe the mind/thoughts and to be aware of any emotions, sensations, feelings, etc that come with the thought and to understand that it is not you. But sometimes something will happen that triggers anxiety that leaves a lingering feeling of unease and I'm not sure how to shake that feeling despite knowing of its presence. I try to remain in the present moment and constantly ask myself if there is a problem at this very moment but even that doesn't work sometimes. Is it better to just embrace the feeling of unease and let it be? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 05 Mar 2020 01:17 AM PST Picture it: there's me, quite the troubled teen if I'm honest, next to the trainrails. Listening to some music. There's a prominent body-massaging bass coming through my entire body, I can feel every note through my heart. Then the soothing and relatable voice of my favourite artist comes up, which quickly becomes yet another part of the rythm. I'm not listening anymore. Just vibing. My eyes are wide open. I am focusing, yet I'm drowned nothingness. I don't think. I lost time. Everything is turning grey and fuzzy, like in a painting. Except the grass, it was beautiful. I am at true peace. I close my eyes. Everything get cosmos-like. Just seeing all these geometric yet organical, colorful shapes fluently move. I'm at peace. The most calm and allright Ive ever been with the universe. I wanted to become it. (Although I didn't realise then I already was. A conscient little universe more one with the world around me then I could comprehend with my human scope of thought.) It was so beautiful, the ideal moment to end my chapter. To end my life. To truly become one. My friend would've understood me, my family ... Well devestated to be honest. I wasn't thinking about any of that of course. I was just in my little, peaceful heaven. But there were some people, of which children. And I got a text message if one friend about me losing friends because of my social environment/income, that they find it "scary" and another friend asking to go eat out with him. This reminded me of my chains to the earth, and that I actually love them. So I didn't. Have a great rest of your day lads :3 Conciousness is wack lmao [link] [comments] |
| Mastering the mind starts with understanding it. Once you do, meditating becomes easier. Posted: 05 Mar 2020 01:12 AM PST Explained by Ur_inner_pwr and based on the teachings of Zen Master Thích Nhất Hạnh at Plum Village meditation centre in France. Understanding how consciousness affects your mind is key in developing your own method to (i) handle strong emotions when they arise and (ii) communicate and connect with your inner-child in order to understand yourself better. In Buddhist applied psychology, consciousness is divided in 2 parts as shown in the video animation in the link below (note: I created a very simplified version of the 2 main levels but if you'd like see a more elaborate version, please refer to the video title mentioned at the end of the post) :
Video representing Store Consciousness & Mind Consciousness 🌱 STORE CONSCIOUSNESS (unconscious part of the mind) This is where all the seeds are stored and preserved. The seeds store everything we have ever done, experienced, or perceived. It kind of acts like a memory of your life story. We all have in us 51 varieties of seeds which include both negative seeds (e.g. seed of anger, of depression, of violence, of mistrust) and positive seeds (e.g. seed of compassion, of joy, of love, of forgiveness). The strength of the seeds depends on HOW MUCH they have been nurtured. ⚡MIND CONSCIOUSNESS (conscious mind) is where the seeds manifest as energy and become what's called in buddhist terms mental formations (think: emotions, thoughts). When the seed of anger is not watered, we get on with life. But when the seed of anger is watered by someone or by a situation, the seed of anger grows and manifest as energy in your mind consciousness, hurting you and people around you. 💡Remember this! Throughout our life, some seeds have been watered more than others and therefore have more power over your mind consciousness in a way that is unconscious to you. Suppose your partner had a childhood where her/his parents often nourished their seed of abandonment and rejection. Anything you say or do (even insignificant) that nourishes these seeds could trigger a strong and often irrational response. With a lack of compassion and awareness, you may view this as overreactive. When you train in mindfulness/meditation, you learn to be mindful and compassionate about your partner's garden of seeds, you give space and you accompany them on their healing journey with the patience required. This work has to start with you though. You heal and connect to yourself first and only then you will know how to connect and help your partner and any other human being. 📚 To learn more on this topic: Type "store consciousness" and "Thich Nhat Hanh" on youtube or Google. There is a 90min video on YouTube of Thich Nhat Hanh himself or plenty of more elaborated articles. [link] [comments] |
| Exploring difficulty meditation: why my brain denies bringing worrisome thoughts Posted: 05 Mar 2020 12:47 AM PST I'm relatively new to meditation, I started last year in December and I am following the mindfulness eight week programme by Mark Williams and Danny Penman. I seemed to be doing alright until I get to this week where I am exploring being with difficulty, painful memories, worrisome thoughts, etc. I don't know if that has happened to you but I just can't bring these to mind. It's like my brain says "nope, you don't have any of these and you don't want to think about these things either". On top of that I noticed that I normally go into a state of almost falling asleep. Anyone experiencing the same? Any advice? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 04 Mar 2020 08:40 PM PST I'm addicted too much porn,gaming,Hardcore EDM songs I just no don't have that much dopamine I think I just fried my dopamine reward center all things don't make me exciting I quiting all this shit to be happy but the real problem is What kind of meditation is required so I can increase my dopamine receptor sensitivity too feel normal pleasure in life :( [link] [comments] |
| Honest opinion after 9 months of meditation Posted: 04 Mar 2020 09:37 AM PST It all started with a friend of mine who was into meditation from the past 3 years. She asked me to join her one fine sunday. First day was quite refreshing. Idk what was that but it felt good after 45 minutes of straight meditation. After that we had different classes from monday and I had feelings for her. So just for the sake of spending time with her it became a routine. After like 5 months of meditation everyday (almost), one day tears dropped out from my eyes. She said "You're into meditation." She said as soon as she saw my tears. "Not many people get this experience. I know how you got at the crying part so quickly, it's because you're an Aquarius and at some point all the aquarians get exposed to the world of meditation." she added. I didn't know what was she talking about and never gave it a second thought. In the first week of 2020 I started feeling these effects. I could point out to even the minute things or changes in things which I usually don't. Feels like anxiety has left my body. Whenever I have palpitations I become aware of them and eventually they fade away. My brain fog is just no more. Today, I had this super weird feeling. It was around half an hour into meditation and my body felt like a whole one thing. I cannot explain this in words. It was like my body is a violet nebula (and somehow it hinted me that all the nanoparticles (smallest things in the world) and the the most gigantic things in the world (largest sun for example) are interrelated. I really don't know what was that but I felt like a hamster on amphetamines (mentally lol) And if we talk about today, I cannot start a day without meditation. It's like an addiction. Whenever I don't meditate my mind becomes restless and feels like it is telling me to meditate like a little child asking for a chocolate (Idk if this makes sense. Lol) The key is consistency and not the amount of time in a day is what I feel. I hope it helped. A question: My friend told me to use psychedelics for a better experience. Is that really good or addictive? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 04 Mar 2020 07:46 PM PST I started meditation 5 days ago and it gets harder for me . Im meditating 10 minutes but somehow every session gets worse. I cant seem to concentrate that well, I feel like it doesent rly work for me...Also my brain is telling me all the time it isnt relaxing at all and asking me why are u doing this?I need some advice from a person who experience the same at the beginning. [link] [comments] |
| The honeymoon phase spoiled me and now I'm lost without a paddle Posted: 04 Mar 2020 07:02 PM PST That feelings of connectedness and being awe-inspired seem to have vanished for good. Maybe I'm still holding onto expectations. I can't shake the restlessness and the lowgrade everlasting anxiety to sit for even 5 minutes. Do I not love myself? Why do neglect and punish my own being? It hurts to have someone love me so much, believe in me and support me in all that I am....only for me to exist as such a disappointment. I'm afraid I'll truly end up being a nobody in my life and I'd rather die than being a nothing. I wish I could feel proud of myself. I don't have much energy to even try anymore. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 04 Mar 2020 03:28 AM PST |
| What is the tingling/vibrating you feel all over the body? Posted: 04 Mar 2020 06:50 PM PST I always end my meditation when I feel this as Im worried it will lead to lucid dreaming or some thing like sleep paralysis [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 04 Mar 2020 06:39 PM PST I've been mediating almost daily for about 5-6 months. I've worked my way up to 28 minutes every session. I focus on the breath and and when I find my mind wondering/thinking, I focus back on the breath. I read that you can count as well where you count each breath up to ten and then repeat. Is one method better than the other or are they both equal in terms of effectiveness. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 04 Mar 2020 10:02 PM PST I was trying to meditate few times and each time just couldn't get near to anything what would made me feel that I'm actually meditating. I read about it from many people about mind being in sort of different estate , but I feel normally during my attempts , so I guess I haven't reached anything. My major problem is that either fall a sleep or dive in some thoughts ( about past, life, business ..etc. ). I start to think about particular things and therefore not meditating at all..as far as I understand the meditation , shouldn't be thinking about anything. How do you do that? How can stop thinking? Even without thinking about daily problems still when sit down I can feel something itchy , or noise outside ...or whatever distraction will make it's way to my brain to think about. I think I would have to sit in black , air tight box in order not to think . And still would be thinking about the black matter and quantum physics , dark matter..and such ;-) Any ideas how to stop thinking? What helped you with first steps? Thanks for sharing. [link] [comments] |
| I started feeling Meditation changing my though patterns. But this week has been a "relapse". Posted: 04 Mar 2020 05:11 PM PST I'm one month in and Meditation is doing wonders. But I feel like my focus has kind of declined a bit. Im trying my best everyday. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 04 Mar 2020 07:14 PM PST |
| Children are in their own dimensions Posted: 04 Mar 2020 01:15 PM PST What frequency are children on or they in another dimension? [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from Meditation. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
No comments:
Post a Comment