Meditation: I found peace in myself, now everything is fine. |
- I found peace in myself, now everything is fine.
- Try something called as kausagga during meditation.
- Answering "how do you meditate?". I thought this sub might find my answer interesting
- New to meditation and would like to start but i don't know how?
- 15 year old Teenager with anxiety and its horrible side effects
- Getting back in the groove
- How to deal with scary thoughts when trying to overcome past trauma?
- How do I prepare for a week long silent retreat?
- Does anyone know any good resources for finding retreat centers in Europe? I want to do a secular non-religious retreat and am having trouble finding a place for it.
- meditation for falling asleep/not having strange & scary dreams?
- Just uploaded a video on The Intelligence of the Body, Subconscious Reality vs. Linear Reality, the link is on my reddit page if you want to go check it out
- What meditation looks for you
- Your meditation session just ended...
- Suffering from the perception that time is always scarce and I am wasting it
- Is meditation bad?
- Meditation on public transit?
- How to ‘observe’ thoughts?
- I don't know what I need to do
- Only been meditating a short while
- When I start taking care of myself, meditating, praying etc.. I get more vivid dreams.
- TaiChi, meditation and body language
- Help! I keep falling asleep while meditating
- Opinions on the headspace
- I get headaches when i focus on breathing.
| I found peace in myself, now everything is fine. Posted: 01 Mar 2020 05:24 AM PST I used to be really depressed to the point of suicide ideation but ever since I began meditating, my whole experience of life changed. Not much has changed externally but my perspective of it has changed. I now understand that no matter what happens, everything is fine. I was so moved by this realisation that I wrote a song about it and the title of this post is a line from the song. It's called 'everything is fine.' I feel like instead of coming from the mind, this song came from a true place inside me. It's be cool if you listened to it. [link] [comments] |
| Try something called as kausagga during meditation. Posted: 01 Mar 2020 01:34 PM PST Kausagga is when you stop moving your body completely during meditation. Try to relax and stop all the minute movements of the body completely (except breathing ofcourse). The idea here is that mind and body are related. Movements in one reflect movements in another. If you silence the body, mind will be silenced easily. Now, you will need a little bit of practice to do this, but once you're ready and you maintain no movement for atleast 5-10 minutes, you will find the mind surprisingly still. I don't know if this is a popular idea already, but I thought I would share this in case it isn't. I come from a Jain background where this is a popular thing. For those who don't know, Jainism is minority religion in India and has a lot of common ground with Buddhism. [link] [comments] |
| Answering "how do you meditate?". I thought this sub might find my answer interesting Posted: 01 Mar 2020 11:59 PM PST I commented this to a less related sub a while ago. I'll answer this cuz I think i have an interesting answer that others may find useful. And I think different types of meditation work differently for different people. I meditate by imagining five "loading bars" and I "fill" them with my breath as I slowly expire. When they are full I "empty" them with my breath. Breathing deeply relaxes you the same way smilling makes you happy or eating food relaxes you, it stimulates your parasympathetic nervous system. This system balances your sympathetic "fight or flight" system, which has it's own set of nerves throughout your body. I say this to emphasize scientific validity as religion was brought up in this thread. I use five boxes because to meditate you need a specific level of stimulation, try thinking of nothing and you fail, try thinking of something complicated and well that's just not meditation. Five dead ass simple objects that slowly fill and empty occupies my working memory (the RAM of your brain) thus preventing my brain from thinking about anything else. I use a single "cycle" of filling and emptying the bars or boxes or vessels or whatever when in a hurry. When not I set a timer on my phone. You very much feel the depth of your meditation this way, I can compare how deep I got one day compared to another, with practice you can go deeper and deeper. The deeper you go the less background noise there is in your brain afterwards. Meaning you have more control over your brain. Your brain is after all a bunch of nerves and lobes all fighting over urges and wants and fears. Meditation helps put YOU in control. I like calling this method "filling the vessel", mostly because it sounds cool lol. I personally find mindfullness meditation to be worthless 🤷♂️, "body scan" meditation to be too much work (the mere act of imagining an object as complex as a human body in a space where its touching stuff and everything is actually cognitively demanding asf). I find transcendental meditation where you take gibberish syllables and repeat them as you breath(doesnt have to be out loud) until it becomes meaningless to be similar to my method but doesn't work as well for me. But the best meditation is the one you actually do. [link] [comments] |
| New to meditation and would like to start but i don't know how? Posted: 01 Mar 2020 03:45 PM PST I tried the free trial by 10% happier but i'm not sure it is working for me. Is there any legit apps that's worth recommending? I suffer from adhd, depression and anxiety disorders so focusing is not my niche. Thank you. [link] [comments] |
| 15 year old Teenager with anxiety and its horrible side effects Posted: 02 Mar 2020 12:45 AM PST Im struggling with overthinking and not really knowing my real feelings. I have a girl i just met and my anxiety came very badly because i kinda like her but my blind is a complete mess im not really mindful of my own feelings. Wonder if meditation would help? I have never tried it before and dont know how to do it. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 01 Mar 2020 09:22 PM PST Hello! I recently went through a very busy and stressful period in my life. This cause my practice to lack and come to a halt. Coming up in a month of no meditation I have finally got myself to start sitting again. However, previously my normal time range was about 30 minutes daily and now I can barely sit for 10-15. My mind doesn't find it easy to get back to that state. Taming the monkey mind it hard. How have you gotten over a rough period with your practice? Peace! [link] [comments] |
| How to deal with scary thoughts when trying to overcome past trauma? Posted: 01 Mar 2020 08:52 PM PST So I recently got into meditation and found some success in lowering the amount of anxiety I feel around bed time. This anxiety very likely stems from an experience I had as a child in which I was locked in a room with no lights after watching a horror movie with my dad. Apparently my father was frustrated with me because I was bothering him that I was too scared to go to sleep.( who the heck let's an 8 year old watch Amityville horror before bed). I was apparently terrified enough that I broke off the door handle trying to get out of that room. I've had semi-frequent night terrors of this event throughout my life. Anyways while I was meditating I found myself back in the house that this experience occurred in, at least in my thoughts. I went to the door where I was locked in and swung it open, hoping that I'd be able to provide comfort to my younger self. Except when I opened the door there was nothing but darkness in the room, and suddenly the whole hallway I was seeing in my mind went dark. After that I couldn't keep progress any further, just felt like I was stuck in the same spot looking through a little window while all sorts of horrific creatures peered through back at me. My heart rate skyrocketed but I was able to calm down by focusing on my breathing. After all that my meditation quickly came to an end and I decided to share this as I've told very few people about this experience. I don't want to experience that again, but if I have to I will. I just want to be able to move past the state of darkness to a point where I can sleep with the lights off or at least sleep without a YouTube video playing. Thank you in advance and sorry for the rant. [link] [comments] |
| How do I prepare for a week long silent retreat? Posted: 01 Mar 2020 10:49 PM PST I meditate for 20-40 minutes daily. I assume a good start would be to up those numbers. Any other advice? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 02 Mar 2020 01:57 AM PST |
| meditation for falling asleep/not having strange & scary dreams? Posted: 01 Mar 2020 09:03 PM PST i've been on prednisolone for a week for a bad cold i had. i read before that it can give you hallucinations and weird dreams, and i was fine up until today. i was only asleep for 20 minutes even though it felt like hours. there were so many layers to the dream and right before i fell asleep the world was like blurry and spinning (kinda like those videos where you look at a circle for 30 seconds and then look away and it's spinning) and i woke up really scared. i read somewhere that medication can help, i have the peloton app that has a lot of different types of meditation: sleep, peace, relaxing, calming, midnight, and all different lengths. any ideas on where i should start? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 02 Mar 2020 12:02 AM PST |
| Posted: 01 Mar 2020 01:04 PM PST Im curious if meditation is different for everyone, please leave your experience, routine or benefits and difficulties. [link] [comments] |
| Your meditation session just ended... Posted: 01 Mar 2020 11:36 PM PST What do you do before you open your eyes and come back to reality? Any special procedures/rituals to share please? [link] [comments] |
| Suffering from the perception that time is always scarce and I am wasting it Posted: 01 Mar 2020 03:10 AM PST Pretty much what the title says. Meditation helps relieve anxiety, but I tend to quickly snap back into stress mode. In my mind, everything has to be done quickly, and failing to so so -as there is just too much to do -causes suffering. Assignments and duties feel always pressing, even if there is no real deadline or even any incentive to hurry. My subconscious just forges urgency for everything. That also causes that I can not really enjoy much needed free time, and sleep quite badly. How to let go outside of meditation, how to translate the calm to my life? At the same time, I am afraid to get lazy and useless when I reduce the pressure in that regard. I still want to achieve the things I am interested in. Where do I start to address this type of suffering? Hope that made sense, ranting quite a bit since I am stressed for no reason at all, at least feels like that. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 01 Mar 2020 10:54 PM PST So I wanted to know if meditation could scramble your brains and cause changes in perception,vision,senses,etc and if it could change you for the worse and if it's permanent and cause dissociation or drdp [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 01 Mar 2020 03:10 PM PST I'm currently on my third week of a local Zen meditation workshop, as well as developing a practice on my own. I've been gaining a lot from the workshop, though the instructor is very prescriptive in terms of exactly how we should sit, where we should be, what distractions should not be present, etc. So I wanted to seek some alternate perspectives. I work for a large tech company that has "shuttles" to and from the office. Basically, really nice buses that tend to be quiet and uncrowded and have very few stops. My commute is about 45 minutes each way, and it would be a good time for me to meditate. I was wondering if folks here think that this is reasonable. The workshop leader was quite specific that we should be meditating sitting on a cushion on the floor in a quiet room. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 01 Mar 2020 11:02 AM PST I'm relatively new to meditation and I like it so far. I have read that the essence of meditation is not to concentrate on eleminating thoughts, but to simply observe them from a distance and not engage with them. However, I feel like I haven't yet discovered how I can possibly 'observe' my thoughts. During meditation, I will often catch myself thinking about something and I always feel like I completely skipped the 'observing' stage, like I did not notice the thought just creeping in. I have to then remember what I'm here for, and focus on sound/breathing to regain my original meditative state. Because of this, I feel like I cannot have a proper long meditation session because I always end up involved in my own thoughts. Any tips? [link] [comments] |
| I don't know what I need to do Posted: 01 Mar 2020 10:52 AM PST Hi guys, how are you? Well, I will ask here because I don't know where is the best place to ask(I think that is here). I'm very anxious, with problems of self-esteem (I think this), nervous, my mind never stops to work(I try to do meditation but it's hard) and I think everything will be wrong. I start to meditate 3 months ago, I started with a guided meditation, but navigate on Internet I found people that said to me that this is worst kind of meditation to get illumination, now I'm trying (2 weeks) to do meditation focused on breath, but I don't see any improvement in my condition(I know that this needs time to work), but this did me think about if I'm doing the things correctly, or exist another kind of meditation that is more efficient. Thanks in advance [link] [comments] |
| Only been meditating a short while Posted: 01 Mar 2020 07:19 PM PST Hi, I've only recently started meditation, all of the times I did the follow (complety blacked out room sat upright, crossed legs and put some relaxing peaceful music on in headphones) it has always worked, it made me forget what was going on and my mind went blank Tonight was different, I couldn't settle my mind, my mind kept running over the same things. I couldn't refrain from opening my eyes and almost crying. I know people will say its because my mind isn't used to meditating but why else could this of happened. Are things finally getting to me? [link] [comments] |
| When I start taking care of myself, meditating, praying etc.. I get more vivid dreams. Posted: 01 Mar 2020 10:58 AM PST |
| TaiChi, meditation and body language Posted: 01 Mar 2020 12:08 PM PST Today I uploaded a video where TaiChi and meditation were the topic and how some simple exercises can help you enter a more relaxed state of mind and meet the inner version of you. You can find my Youtube profile in my Twitter, "dwStarted" See you around [link] [comments] |
| Help! I keep falling asleep while meditating Posted: 01 Mar 2020 03:21 PM PST I've recently started taking my meditation to the next level. I'm going from 10 minutes to 30 minutes a day but the challenge is staying awake. I'm in a very comfortable position and it seems almost impossible to stay awake for the long with eyes closed and comfortable. What can be done? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 01 Mar 2020 11:05 AM PST I wonder if you're using headspace app, and what do you think of it, is it worth the subscription? [link] [comments] |
| I get headaches when i focus on breathing. Posted: 01 Mar 2020 08:47 AM PST I get headaches when i focus on breathing from my nose. The reason behind it that i'm focusing on my nose and eyes will follow along, so i get tension headache over my eye. Is there another way where i can still focus on breathing but i want to pull my eyes somewhere else. I heard about the method that requires imaging a ball getting bigger in my head while i breath in, and it get smaller while i breath out. Any suggestions? I'm open to everything :) [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from Meditation. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
No comments:
Post a Comment